Thread: Kassnar Optics - Anyone heard of them

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by w preston View Post
    i had a 3-9-40 wide angle the best scope i have ever had.it was fitted onto hw77 airgun centre tuned rifle. sold for £150 some years ago.this combo took care of thousands of rabbits. i still regret selling it to this day.ie it cost me £252 to buy new.
    I'm suprised that the older scopes don't seem to be collectable items

Quote Originally Posted by mozzy View Post
    I'm suprised that the older scopes don't seem to be collectable items

I thought they were. I'm sure I've seen a couple of Beta 3s advertised as such on the BBS. Collectors with period rifles also sometimes like to put period scopes and mounts on them. I had a Kassnar 3-9X40 on my HW77K at Iceni Marksmen 24 years ago - back then the scopes to get (unless you were really, really minted) were Tasco, Kassnar and Optima.
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. MH View Post
    I thought they were. I'm sure I've seen a couple of Beta 3s advertised as such on the BBS. Collectors with period rifles also sometimes like to put period scopes and mounts on them. I had a Kassnar 3-9X40 on my HW77K at Iceni Marksmen 24 years ago - back then the scopes to get (unless you were really, really minted) were Tasco, Kassnar and Optima.

My mate still uses an old 3-9X50 Tasco on his Logun S16 (I think it's the Gold Antler, don't quote me on it though), and I always dreamed of affording and getting an Optima Moonlighter, I never got one though, at the time I could just about afford the 4X32 Kassnar

I wasn't knocking Kassnar, my friend has a 3-9X42 with a German "T type" 3 colour illuminated ret. Must be fairly early for an IR.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    I wasn't knocking Kassnar, my friend has a 3-9X42 with a German "T type" 3 colour illuminated ret. Must be fairly early for an IR.

Gus

I know you wasn't, it was a good point though. Your friends must be one of the last type they ever made, I wonder what made them stop making Kassnars

Those were the days I still have an Optima 4x40WA in daily use, lovely clear optics even now after 20 years, not wanting to sound old but I saved up my pocket money and used a money off voucher from AGW to buy it from Manchester Airguns (OK I sound old)

Regards Pete
    Do nothing, achieve nothing