Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kassnar Optics - Anyone heard of them

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    I wasn't knocking Kassnar, my friend has a 3-9X42 with a German "T type" 3 colour illuminated ret. Must be fairly early for an IR.

Gus

I know you wasn't, it was a good point though. Your friends must be one of the last type they ever made, I wonder what made them stop making Kassnars

Those were the days I still have an Optima 4x40WA in daily use, lovely clear optics even now after 20 years, not wanting to sound old but I saved up my pocket money and used a money off voucher from AGW to buy it from Manchester Airguns (OK I sound old)

Regards Pete
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Quote Originally Posted by DC6839 View Post
    My Theoben Sirroco is fitted with a Kassan 3-9 x 50 scope. A very nice scope but I cannot find out any information about them. Knowing the person who I bought the outfit from, it will not have been cheap. Any information, please ?
    My 1st decent scope, bought it to go with the very first batch of HW77 when they came out. Later used on a .22 R.F.
    Never ever let me down and really well built!
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.”

Quote Originally Posted by mozzy View Post
    At one time Kassnar was one of the best makes of scopes next to Tasco, I think they were German, I still have an old broken 4x32 Kassnar (the reticule broke), but you can still see the quality of it's build etc.
    you can get them repaired you know
    i have a 3x9x40 i bought off here lovely clear scope with a classy look to them

I had 1 many years ago on an Airsporter, a 6x40 Wide angle, lovely scope with cristal optics the wide angle aspect really helped with target aquisition!
    BSA SuperSport

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    you can get them repaired you know
    i have a 3x9x40 i bought off here lovely clear scope with a classy look to them
    It would probably cost more than the scopes worth now, I'll still keep it though, good memories with it, I went from a cheap plastic 4x20 to a cheap 4x28, then the Kassnar 4x32, I thought is was the best thing since sliced bread then, my first decent scope that I could actually see through without a blurry image, and I didn't have to squint with (those were the days)