Thread: Who to Contact!

Ao Guest

Who to Contact!

To start a airgun club within my area. Looks like I can no longer shoot within my 3/4 acre garden as it is partially surrounded by footpaths even though there is a 7ft wall (Not that I am complaining at all). Any help apriciated as I have a lot of spare time once my AS / A2 exams are over and like my regular shooting.

Cheers
    Ian

Paul Hudson Guest
    Mike Noon (BFTA Development Officer) is always a good starting point.

Surely, though, it'd be a lot less time-consuming to join an existing club, rather than start a new one...

You can find Mike's contact details here.

The same web site also has a club finder.

Paul.

Join BASC.

They have a legal team that will give you the hard facts. I strongly believe that it is still possible for you to shoot on your land so long as the pellets do not stray from the boundary of the property. My feeling is that it is more important if the rights of way go acroos your land rather than run parralel to the boundaries.

I would also speak to your insurance broker or insurer to tell them and make sure that the liability section extends to include this activity. Get a name and GET IT IN WRITING too.

an adequate back stop is essential as well as a safe handling proceedure.

BASC is cheap and as a member, I believe they give legal advice and may represent you (or at least give legal advice) should you ever be prosecuted.

The peice from the Met is for information only and not a detailed description of the law. There are usually caveats and exceptions when you dig deeper. What has been left out is probably going to be of more interest to you.

If you do speak to them - perhaps you would do the honour of giving the BBS forum some feedback.

I can't beleive there are no solicitors or barristers who don't shoot ???????
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill