Thread: What is the pellet of choice for the EB22?

What is the pellet of choice for the EB22?

I am just wondering what peoples pellet of choice is for the Sheridan EB22?

I am probably also going to get a ratcatcher for plinking in the garden and shooting rats, so would ideally like a pellet suited to both guns if possible.

Any help appreciated.

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    crossmans probably, or anything else you fancy putting through it - this pistol is not noted for its accuracy.
    atb
    cptman.

Crosman Acupels seem well suited to both guns, they are a very good fit in my opinion and the gusn seem designed to run on them. I have found crosman guns seem to perform best with their own make of of pellet. In the respective guns they give good accuracy plus their low(ish) weight ensures a reasonable velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneye View Post
    I am just wondering what peoples pellet of choice is for the Sheridan EB22?

I am probably also going to get a ratcatcher for plinking in the garden and shooting rats, so would ideally like a pellet suited to both guns if possible.

Any help appreciated.
    i just bought a ratcacher for plinking they are great, i rubbed the barrel down to take off the crappy bluing and its a great silver look, and if u can fit the breech block from tr robb and change the scope. they are fantastic for the money. i use hobbys through it in 22.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

i also use rws hobby or rws super hollow point

Hi Golden,

I put BSA Intercepters through my EB22, and they are accurate enough to use in the 6m UBC competition ( but you do get the odd flier). I've now tried Air Arms diablo fields, and they seem to be more consistent.

I don't think it's that inherently inaccurate , more that people need to take time to learn its "ways". It is up to the top end of power for pistols, and takes quite an effort to figure out the "hold" as it's got a springers kick (as much as my IZH 56M anyway).

atb
    Russ
    Last edited by Firestorm; 20-08-2008 at 07:56 AM.
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by cptman View Post
    crossmans probably, or anything else you fancy putting through it - this pistol is not noted for its accuracy.
    atb
    cptman.
    The accuracy on my eb22 is spot on every time. But, the pellet does begin to significantly drop between shots after about 5/10 shots.

Ermm, I use marksman and there great.

Oh BTW about the springers kick, when I got my gun off someone on this forum, they gave me some C02, and it was powerful - but absolutely recoilless. Now I started using different C02 and im starting to feel some slight recoil, maybe you should change your C02?
    SHERIDAN EB22 - RELUM SUPER TORNADO - SMK B2
    Looking for shoots around Middlesbrough, will help out in return. Message me.

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?

Smile

In fairness to the EB22 i have put a huge logun silencer on it which has significantly reduced the muzzle flip (and report) plus a red dot sight so that i do not have to rely on the bent bit of metal Sheridan call a rear sight and its accuracy has improved a lot.
    This pistol is not sold as a competition target gun , it is what it is, but without the accessories (and with) it is strictly plinking only.
    cptman.

by the way the silencer also makes it look like a KGB assasins shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale369 View Post
    Oh BTW about the springers kick, when I got my gun off someone on this forum, they gave me some C02, and it was powerful - but absolutely recoilless. Now I started using different C02 and im starting to feel some slight recoil, maybe you should change your C02?
    Dale, can you remember which make the first lot of Co2 was? I've always used crosman from my local RFD.

cheers Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    i just got one of these in .22 and i was shocked at how accurate it is .
    i use superdomes, and it seems to like em .
    only thing i not happy about is the report ,eek
    very loud gun
    but will just use it as a range gun i spose ,
    love sheridan/benjy stuff, just tough as old boots .
    Getting Old