Thread: Bam Airguns

Exclamation Bam Airguns

Is there any shops in the uk that sell these,or does anybody own one,i see they do a precharge version as well as springers

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Many places sell them normally under the importers brand SMK (sportsmarketing). You might ocasionally also find XISICO, another importer who are I beleive widning down. The B51 is the PCP they make, a direct copy of an old Daystate design, gets mixed reactions here, ranging from horror and (some justifiable) abuse to quiet appreciation of a cost effective gun. Not on sale in the UK anymore I think. The newermodels (mostly copies of European and US designs) can be OK. The cheaper ones are , well, cheap and sometiems nasty, though they can be improved with sensible work. There is also Industry Brand, BAMs rival, who produce in Shanghai. In general, bar the famous QB78, BAM tend to be better made.

Unless you specifically want a BAM gun, I would look at something else, a Cometa, or Gamo, if you're after a cheap gun or a seconsdhand HW, BSA or Webley.

BAM Pre-Charged don't bother, in fact don't bother with any of them unless your looking for a challenging project with an un-certain outlook.

Ora

Another name for the the Bam brand is 'Westlake', I bought a sidelever one about two years ago, it was well dodgy, and a bit dangerous, nearly cut me thumb off when the sidelever slammed shut after I cocked it, and this was with an anti bear trap fitted, on further investigation it seemed that the trigger sear only held on to the piston by about 1mm, and not very well neither, the internals were not finished very well(rough edges etc.) I now use it for scrap parts

I`m not going to buy one,just that i seen one in the gun shop,complete with cheap scope for......£320!!!!!!

Can buy a proper TX200 for that.....

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Must be a novelty price...

surely

yes, buying new is expensive, BUT anyone buying for the first time can (like me! ) buy good deals secondhand. If we support imitations, then they've not done the RnD to develop 'their' gun's, and the REAL gunsmiths and gunmakers of the world will suffer as a result. I'm not saying there's huge markup's on HW's and BSA etc, but they are made her, and it's probably quite expensive to do so. A good secondhand BSA, HW, Gamo or any of the other DESIGNERS should be rewarded for their continuing investment in airgunning. How many of us started with a secondhand meteor or mk2 !?!?!

Who wants top spec new stuff for their first gun anyway? Part of the fun is learning to shoot a basic springer, so you remove your bad habits before you go onto the more hi-spec products!

that's my 2 cents worth! (don't tell me, you think I'm overcharging! )
    Pie-Eater extraordinaire and semi-pro weasel juggler bookings in advance only!

Quote Originally Posted by fenris View Post
    yes, buying new is expensive, BUT anyone buying for the first time can (like me! ) buy good deals secondhand. If we support imitations, then they've not done the RnD to develop 'their' gun's, and the REAL gunsmiths and gunmakers of the world will suffer as a result. I'm not saying there's huge markup's on HW's and BSA etc, but they are made her, and it's probably quite expensive to do so. A good secondhand BSA, HW, Gamo or any of the other DESIGNERS should be rewarded for their continuing investment in airgunning. How many of us started with a secondhand meteor or mk2 !?!?!

Who wants top spec new stuff for their first gun anyway? Part of the fun is learning to shoot a basic springer, so you remove your bad habits before you go onto the more hi-spec products!

that's my 2 cents worth! (don't tell me, you think I'm overcharging! )
    Playing Devils Advocate here, sorry, but just how does buying 2nd hand (or 'pre-owned') support the companies researching and producing new guns (other than purchasing parts to repair it)?