Thread: webley hawk mk3

webley hawk mk3

what can i expect to pay for the above gun ,in really good condition in 22 caliber .

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    What do you mean by 'really good' condition?

I think that one of these rifles in good, but used condition - a few scratches on the stock, the rifle run-in but not worn out, with intact open sights, should be worth about £60.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Look at the spring retaining dowell at the rear. The MK3 is renowned for elongating the hole it sits in.

Horrible guns IMHO. They just got worse as they progressed through the models.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post

Horrible guns IMHO. They just got worse as they progressed through the models.
    I fear you are right. Very 1970s British design and workmanship, down to a price and not really bothered. A shocking product considering it was a descendent of the Webley Mk III underlever, the only British airgun Herman Weihrauch respected.

One interesting thing about them is the use of piston rings, like in a car-engine. If these are lubricated correctly the rifle can be extremely consistent, if not very efficient.

A .22 example in very good mechanical order will make about 9 ft/lbs and shoot into a 40mm circle at 30 yards. 5.6mm pellets will work better than .22.

Good as a plinker or short-range rat-gun.

thanks for your time and info,ive been offered one for£25 and i think its a bargain ,just wanted the advice of the proffessionals.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    short-range rat-gun.
    If you were to club them to death with the stock.....
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by jmsniper View Post
    thanks for your time and info,ive been offered one for£25 and i think its a bargain ,just wanted the advice of the proffessionals.
    Do check the barrel is not bent upwards. Some of these rifles had problems with sear engagement and they would go off with the barrel in the cocked position. If the shooter was not holding it properly then the barrel would slam shut, causing an upward bend.

I also think it sounds like a bargain for £25.

hsing-ee i will check for the problems you have told me to ,thanks for your help.