Thread: Wish me luck! Ordering from the USA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wish me luck! Ordering from the USA

Ok finding it impossible to find a decent S/H air pistol on the BBS everyone seems to be rifle nuts

Anyway im biting the bullet and ordering a Baikal IZH-46M from the USA, just wish me luck that thos robbing #######s Customs dont charge me!
    Last edited by Cynabal; 12-12-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    If it's not too late, Animal17 was advertising a Gamo Compact for £100.
    Just got the bill from FEDEX for the customs charges on my gun from usa.
    I spent £152 inc delivery, then customs + fedex admin fee added a further 47 quid. A gun selling for 95 quid in the states has cost me 200 to get it over here.

even if i get charged by customs im still saving on the UK price of a new izh 46m
    Last edited by Cynabal; 12-12-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Good luck! I hope it all goes smoothly!
    My guns; BSA R-10 (.22), BSA XL Tactical (.177), BSA Lightning (.177), Gamo CF-30 (.22), Gamo Cadet (.177), Cometa 100 (.177), Gamo P-800 Pistol (.177)

Quote Originally Posted by Cynabal View Post
    even if i get charged by customs im still saving about £100 on UK price of a new izh 46m
    I was looking on a usa site and the TX200 was £100 cheaper than here where it is made. Incredible isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    I was looking on a usa site and the TX200 was £100 cheaper than here where it is made. Incredible isn't it?
    Not really. One thing the Americans won't do is willingly and happily pay OTT prices.

We as a nation seem to revel in how much we have paid and there are always plenty of people finding excuses and giving reasons why our prices are as high as they are.

We are our own worst enemies on this score.

Just look at the way prices have increased since JSR, BAR & Uttings have had to stop selling mail order. It's not all due to the £/Euro exchange.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Another example, Gamo cfx is about 100 quid in usa, in rfd last week they wanted £210 for the Royal
    If it had been about 150-180 I'd have bought it.

well phoned parcelfarce this mornin and asked to pay customs charge and the woman on the phone said there is no charge yet and its still waiting to clear customs, whats taking them so bloody long, there a pain in the arse, been in customs for almost a week!!! fing useless arsoles
    Last edited by Cynabal; 04-09-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: sp

Napalm is offline Pickle McLovin'...it's a man thing

Sorry mate. Customs can be a bugger.

Wait until it says something like: 'released from customs with charges' and ring back again.

You will have to pay Parcel Farce around 4% of the total, and then 17.5% VAT on the total including the shipping. Not forgetting the 7 quid or so they will charge you for the privilege.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

PM me if you need more info.
    Glock 19, 43. Two ARs and a few other assorted rifles.

Cheers napalm, dont worry mate not your fault, and besides if i got away with the customs charge would have just been a massive bonus, im still saving about £100 on the price of the gun new in the UK even if i get charged £60 (worked it out might be around £55 to £60 with all the robbin bstard fees)

TBH ive been lucky in the past! had all kinds of things from the states b4, ACU gear, Computer parts, Airsoft stuff (before VCR) and clothes and never got charged, so probably about time i paid my dues, altho they would charge me on one of the most expensive things ive imported, sod's LOL

How did Parcel Force get involved? Didn't you pay for shipping to your door from the usa?

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    How did Parcel Force get involved? Didn't you pay for shipping to your door from the usa?
    If the sender used USPS it will arrive Royal Mail if it's a small package, or if larger, by Parcel Force.
    And Parcel Force charge about £15 if the value is over, (I think) £50.00
    I just went through this today (again), wait till the tracking say it is at your area distribution hub, then phone them and pay, delivery will be the next working day, 8-am to 4-pm, or go and collect it.
    You don't need the letter they will send you, just the tracking number and proof of ID and Address.

Neil.

Great customs have siezed my IZH-46M!!

Check out htis thread http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308602