Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck! Ordering from the USA

Wish me luck! Ordering from the USA

Ok finding it impossible to find a decent S/H air pistol on the BBS everyone seems to be rifle nuts

Anyway im biting the bullet and ordering a Baikal IZH-46M from the USA, just wish me luck that thos robbing #######s Customs dont charge me!
    Last edited by Cynabal; 12-12-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    If it's not too late, Animal17 was advertising a Gamo Compact for £100.
    Just got the bill from FEDEX for the customs charges on my gun from usa.
    I spent £152 inc delivery, then customs + fedex admin fee added a further 47 quid. A gun selling for 95 quid in the states has cost me 200 to get it over here.

even if i get charged by customs im still saving on the UK price of a new izh 46m
    Last edited by Cynabal; 12-12-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Good luck! I hope it all goes smoothly!
    My guns; BSA R-10 (.22), BSA XL Tactical (.177), BSA Lightning (.177), Gamo CF-30 (.22), Gamo Cadet (.177), Cometa 100 (.177), Gamo P-800 Pistol (.177)

Quote Originally Posted by Cynabal View Post
    even if i get charged by customs im still saving about £100 on UK price of a new izh 46m
    I was looking on a usa site and the TX200 was £100 cheaper than here where it is made. Incredible isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    I was looking on a usa site and the TX200 was £100 cheaper than here where it is made. Incredible isn't it?
    Not really. One thing the Americans won't do is willingly and happily pay OTT prices.

We as a nation seem to revel in how much we have paid and there are always plenty of people finding excuses and giving reasons why our prices are as high as they are.

We are our own worst enemies on this score.

Just look at the way prices have increased since JSR, BAR & Uttings have had to stop selling mail order. It's not all due to the £/Euro exchange.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Another example, Gamo cfx is about 100 quid in usa, in rfd last week they wanted £210 for the Royal
    If it had been about 150-180 I'd have bought it.

Well its been seven days since the shop in the states sent this and i still havent received it, the USPS website says Your item left the United States from ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 11:10 AM on August 22, 2008
    So im guessing its probably in the UK by now being held by customs, swines! still a small glimmer of hope i dont get charged so i got myself a real bargain.

Mine was with Fedex. It spent about 5 or 6 days seeing the sights around the usa, then suddenly it was at Stansted, and I got it the next day.
    I thought I'd got away with duty etc, but a month later Fedex sent the bill
    They pay the duty for you so that they can charge 7 quid admin fee. No SAE either, bloody cheapskates.

It's all worth it in the end

They pay the duty for you so that they can charge 7 quid admin fee.
    Thats better than the robbing at parcelforce who charge £13.50 and DON'T pay the duty for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynabal View Post
    Well its been seven days since the shop in the states sent this and i still havent received it, the USPS website says Your item left the United States from ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 11:10 AM on August 22, 2008
    So im guessing its probably in the UK by now being held by customs, swines! still a small glimmer of hope i dont get charged so i got myself a real bargain.
    Whenever I've ordered air gun parts from the US via USPS it has taken 7 to 10 working days so about 2 weeks. the quickest was 10 days total. if you have a tracking number it can follow it here I had to phone up with the USPS number and got a uk tracking number. a year or so ago I had a watch sent from Indonesia it took 4 days to get to the UK and sat in the customs in the Chingford sorting office for a week then arrived unopened with no duty to pay.
    Last edited by vfrkid; 29-08-2008 at 12:55 AM.

Ok just had an update after ten days of checking the website, says on parcelforce
    31-08-2008 18:06 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
    31-08-2008 18:06 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES
    31-08-2008 18:01 International Hub Arrived in destination country

Does that mean im definatley getting charged? or does it always say that?

Wink

If the customs label is marked as a gift value under £18 you dont get charged

Yeah but if customs decide to check it, and its clearly not under £18 theres trouble.

Good luck getting it sorted mate, also a small question here is it ok to send an air pistol to anywhere in the UK?...

please pm me with replies to this

Saviour
    Sup?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!