Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish me luck! Ordering from the USA

Napalm is offline Pickle McLovin'...it's a man thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynabal View Post
    Ok just had an update after ten days of checking the website, says on parcelforce
    31-08-2008 18:06 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
    31-08-2008 18:06 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES
    31-08-2008 18:01 International Hub Arrived in destination country

Does that mean im definatley getting charged? or does it always say that?
    Yep!

You will pay mate.

AND...

it will come via Parcel FARCE, who will hold onto the package, send you a letter, ask you to pay and then release the goods.

My suggestion.

Put the tracking number into Parcel Force's tracking site, it will then spit out a UK tracking number with GB on the end.

Ring up your local Parcel Force depot and tell them you want to pay the customs charges in advance. Have your debit card to hand...
    Glock 19, 43. Two ARs and a few other assorted rifles.

Arsoles! ok, i kinda figured id get clobbered when i read that! will ring them tomorrow, tw@ts. still kinda happy as even if i get charged £60-£70 ive still saved a good deal of money from buying in the UK.

well phoned parcelfarce this mornin and asked to pay customs charge and the woman on the phone said there is no charge yet and its still waiting to clear customs, whats taking them so bloody long, there a pain in the arse, been in customs for almost a week!!! fing useless arsoles
    Last edited by Cynabal; 04-09-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: sp

Sorry mate. Customs can be a bugger.

Wait until it says something like: 'released from customs with charges' and ring back again.

You will have to pay Parcel Farce around 4% of the total, and then 17.5% VAT on the total including the shipping. Not forgetting the 7 quid or so they will charge you for the privilege.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

PM me if you need more info.

Cheers napalm, dont worry mate not your fault, and besides if i got away with the customs charge would have just been a massive bonus, im still saving about £100 on the price of the gun new in the UK even if i get charged £60 (worked it out might be around £55 to £60 with all the robbin bstard fees)

TBH ive been lucky in the past! had all kinds of things from the states b4, ACU gear, Computer parts, Airsoft stuff (before VCR) and clothes and never got charged, so probably about time i paid my dues, altho they would charge me on one of the most expensive things ive imported, sod's LOL

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    How did Parcel Force get involved? Didn't you pay for shipping to your door from the usa?

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    How did Parcel Force get involved? Didn't you pay for shipping to your door from the usa?
    If the sender used USPS it will arrive Royal Mail if it's a small package, or if larger, by Parcel Force.
    And Parcel Force charge about £15 if the value is over, (I think) £50.00
    I just went through this today (again), wait till the tracking say it is at your area distribution hub, then phone them and pay, delivery will be the next working day, 8-am to 4-pm, or go and collect it.
    You don't need the letter they will send you, just the tracking number and proof of ID and Address.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    If the sender used USPS it will arrive Royal Mail if it's a small package, or if larger, by Parcel Force.
    And Parcel Force charge about £15 if the value is over, (I think) £50.00
    I just went through this today (again), wait till the tracking say it is at your area distribution hub, then phone them and pay, delivery will be the next working day, 8-am to 4-pm, or go and collect it.
    You don't need the letter they will send you, just the tracking number and proof of ID and Address.

Neil.
    Good stuff Neil - same thing I've been doing for years now with Parcel Farce.

I got caught out the first time when my stuff was stuck in their sorting office in Manchester... but now I always preemptively strike on the buggers and get it released and paid for before they send the letter... Internet tracking is a godsend.

Pistols from abroad

I found a site "eGun" that sell a lot of the FWB I have been looking, that I cannot find here in UK. The site is in Germany and Pistols there are much cheaper. Reading all these threads was very interesting, and funny , I will have to look into the total costs of buying off the German site. And how.
    FWB 100. Gamo Combat R-77 Laser 4".

is there not a power issue buying from europe i.e where the laws permit less power
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....

Great customs have siezed my IZH-46M!!

Check out htis thread http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308602

how and from who

Hi

I tried to order a air gun from the states but was told because of different international laws, it could not be posted to the u.k. Do you have a place where i can order it for or which site, and is there special rules to follow when you do?

As long as the gun is UK legal you can have it posted directly to you. I know "the Crooked Barn" send to the UK.

Hi Cynabal,have you got it yet? or are they still being stupid?

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    Hi Cynabal,have you got it yet? or are they still being stupid?

Keith
    Check this thread bud, thanks for asking.