Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cheapo springer pistol???

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Do you mean Metre's

LOL
    Tony
    and you wonder why you get banned lol cheers Paul (hull)

Thumbs down

serious answers only guys please I just want something that can hit a paper target within a couple of inches of where I aimed can a g10 do this
    QB78 IN TUNING PROCESS
    SMK XS12...FOR SALE £45 POSTED

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrap100 View Post
    serious answers only guys please I just want something that can hit a paper target within a couple of inches of where I aimed can a g10 do this
    My appologies.
    I should imagine the G10 can do what your asking. My first owned pistol was a Diana SP50 and despite being a differently shaped GAT it allways put the pellets and darts in the area that I was aiming at.
    I think ANY gun is inherently more accurate than the shooter.
    I have not tried the G10 but I reckon for the price, it'll be a good starter.
    I need to pop into Hull today to try and lay my mitts on a cheapo springer for this months UBC comp (my P-800 failed yesterday) I will be looking at the G10 amongst any others.
    ATB
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrap100 View Post
    what accuracy can i expect from these g10s in inches
    He means how many inches away from the target can he go and still hit it.....

I cannot re-iterate strongly enough how crap the G10 is...... don't waste your cash.

Have 3/4 pints less to drink when your out tonight and put the cash towards a better one...see above.
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

The G10 is a smoothbore plinker, best suited to shooting inaccurate steel balls with a poor degree of accuracy. You might hit tin cans at ten yards, sometimes. They are really toys, and while fun for a while will probably not give you much enjoyment or satisfaction in the long run.

The Baikal IZH-53 on the other hand, has a high quality rifled barrel (mine shoots a wide variety of pellets with very good accuracy), also has a very good trigger (which is an aid to accuracy in itself) and it will be much more enjoyable and satisfying to shoot than a G10. It's not much more money to buy an IZH-53 and it will be money well spent, honestly.

Do a search on here, the IZH-53 is well respected and widely known to be very good value for money!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    The G10 is a smoothbore plinker, best suited to shooting inaccurate steel balls with a poor degree of accuracy. You might hit tin cans at ten yards, sometimes. They are really toys, and while fun for a while will probably not give you much enjoyment or satisfaction in the long run.

The Baikal IZH-53 on the other hand, has a high quality rifled barrel (mine shoots a wide variety of pellets with very good accuracy), also has a very good trigger (which is an aid to accuracy in itself) and it will be much more enjoyable and satisfying to shoot than a G10. It's not much more money to buy an IZH-53 and it will be money well spent, honestly.

Do a search on here, the IZH-53 is well respected and widely known to be very good value for money!
    Perfect summation.....

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Kamen6 is offline Should have kept my head down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    My first owned pistol was a Diana SP50 and despite being a differently shaped GAT it allways put the pellets and darts in the area that I was aiming at.
    That's the first pistol I ever shot. Was my dads, but he let me use it in the garden when he was about....he had to cock it for me though Even with all my weight on it, that barrel was a little bugger to set.

Must give the old man a ring tonight, see if he still has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen6 View Post
    That's the first pistol I ever shot. Was my dads, but he let me use it in the garden when he was about....he had to cock it for me though Even with all my weight on it, that barrel was a little bugger to set.

Must give the old man a ring tonight, see if he still has it.

If he has, I'm looking for one

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Well guy's,
    Just come back from Hull (Scary).
    Went into Hutchinsons on Anlaby Road. They had a few Webley Typhoon's in .22 @ almost £70.00 but I have heard so much negative stuff from owners I didn't ask to see it.
    They had some much cheaper springers SMK's they looked awful upclose
    I then went to Duncans, round the corner. I know I've given them stick about prices before, but today I left feeling I had a bargain
    I left with a 2nd hand refurbed HW70 in virtually immaculate condition.
    I have'nt a clue how much these things go for but I paid £75.
    Given the name, the quality etc I reckon I did OK with it.
    I'm now awaiting a dry spell so I can try it out

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

so i am thinking of getting one of these g10s as they sound alrightish can bashers. but just as an added bonus is it easy to smooth these up at all like with the qb78 rifles it just takes some wet dry sandpaper and polish bits, is it easy to polish trigger contacts and piston bits or are they an ass to pull apart
    QB78 IN TUNING PROCESS

Just put 100 bb's thro' it, it'll "pull" apart on its own.....

I've just opened mine up.
    The body is diecast
    The trigger and safety are plastic
    The cylinder is plastic
    The barrel tube is alloy in a plastic casing 60mm long

not all bad tho' the spring & rod are "metal"

Don't reckon your going to be doing much "smoothing" fella.

Russ
    Last edited by Firestorm; 05-09-2008 at 02:44 PM.

probably still end up getting one
    QB78 IN TUNING PROCESS

If you want to do smoothing, get the IZH-53. They're ok out of the box, but strip it, clean it, relube with GN paste, chain wax on the spring, it gets much sweeter. Better still, anyone you know with a lathe can make up a spring guide, very cheap, in steel, it makes these pistols very sweet indeed, seriously I have shot pistols costing over £100 that aren't anywhere near as nice.

But if you want to get a die-cast and plastic G-10 that won't last, and won't be as much fun and will be thrown aside when you rapidly tire of it, go ahead...

Tell you what, deathtrap100, if you're that determined to get a G10 after all the advice to the contrary, I'll sell you mine, although I'm ashamed to admit to owning one on a public forum.

I have the G2005, AKA LaserHawk. Just the same as the G10 but in nickel finish, and with a fibre optic front sight.

I've been too embarrassed about owning it to even consider taking a picture, but if you want pics, gimme a shout and I'll sort something out. This is what it looks like...

Pic

Comes boxed with instructions, BB speedloader and about half a bag of steel BBs. The only thing missing is the bit of plastic SMK call a pellet seating tool, but just use the end of a BIC pen top if you're ever feeling crazy enough to try shooting pellets out of this badboy!

£20 face to face or £25 posted. I can meet you somewhere between Darwen and Bury if you want to do FTF and save carriage.

Cheers,

Mike.

funny how people are saying they dont last,,,they fall apart etc etc

the last one i had i can remember using it for years but being a kid and moving house a few times it got misplaced

remembering how much fun it was i got another for £25 new (so buying a second hand one for £25 is a fiddle)

what pistol can you get that fires bbs,pellets and darts mostly all metal construction and lasts for years???? oh yeah and costs under £30