Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cheapo springer pistol???

It's not true that G10's don't last, had mine for 12 years before I sold it and it's still in great condition. Come on for a £20 plinker it's not that bad!

Of course almost all other air pistols are better than it, but not in its price range - as a £20 can basher it works fine IMHO. I really don't think you will be disappointed, as long as you remember that it's only £20 and don't set your expectations high :P

Quote Originally Posted by zeron View Post
    remembering how much fun it was i got another for £25 new (so buying a second hand one for £25 is a fiddle)
    Maybe you'd care to go back and read my post; I'm not offering a G10 @ £25 retail, but a G2005S which retailed @ £39.95.

Oh, and it's twenty quid. The fiver is for postage, not that I have to justify my asking price to you.

Try this sort of nonsense on the sales section and you'll lose access. Bad form, old chap.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Maybe you'd care to go back and read my post; I'm not offering a G10 @ £25 retail, but a G2005S which retailed @ £39.95.

Oh, and it's twenty quid. The fiver is for postage, not that I have to justify my asking price to you.

Try this sort of nonsense on the sales section and you'll lose access. Bad form, old chap.

Was thinking the very same, well said Mike
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I agree with Daves suggestion,the S2 would be better.
    The G10 ain't worth its rate in scrap.
    I have both and totally agree with ikarma on this one.
    Shooting is a sport not a crime.

http://topshot.fotopic.net/

can i have some honest grouping measurments please anyone, seem to be getting a lot of oh you wont hit a barn door with that but nothing realalistic.
    thanks
    jordan
    QB78 IN TUNING PROCESS
    SMK XS12...FOR SALE £45 POSTED

I don't have a pistol that I want to sell, but as you've been offered a PR15 I thought I'd pass on my thoughts. I had one of these years ago. It's a single stroke pneumatic that fires lead balls (designed only for the Gamo .177 lead balls not steel BBs) from a mag above the barrel. Press the button at the back, swing open the top part containing barrel from the action as far as it will go, then close it compressing the air. If there are balls in the mag it will feed them into the breech automatically.

The pistol is smoothbored and it has fixed sights but I got pretty reasonable accuracy from mine. I could get groups around 1 to 1.5 inch at 6 yards with practice, which is better than some rifled pistols! In fact once for a laugh I entered a pistol FT comp and got 7/13, hitting most of the close targets but missed the longer ones, which I was quite pleased with.

The downside is as mentioned you're limited to proper .177 lead balls which really means the gamo ones, as I'm not aware of another manufacturer.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrap100 View Post
    can i have some honest grouping measurments please anyone, seem to be getting a lot of oh you wont hit a barn door with that but nothing realalistic.
    thanks
    jordan
    With a bit of work and practice it is easy to get groups of less than an inch at ten metres with a Baikal IZH-53. None of the other pistols mentioned so far will come anywhere near that. The G10, being a smoothbore will group much wider, you will be lucky to hit large tin cans regularly at that range, never mind bulls-eyes on paper targets.

I hit a 15mm disc almost every time at five metres with my IZH-53, and I'm not a particularly good shot. They are accurate pistols, probably more accurate than pistols like the Webley Tempest (much as I love my Tempest!), and like I say, an IZH-53 is far more accurate than a G10, and quite a bit more accurate than any chinese pistol I have ever seen.

[QUOTE=Rob M;2963290]

I hit a 15mm disc almost every time at five metres with my IZH-53, and I'm not a particularly good shot. /QUOTE]

Jeezuz chhrriiiist.....

"not a particularly good shot"...just don't look at my sept comp score Rob......

I'm lucky to hit the bloody target... but I should be a bit better now I've relearnt how to aim..)

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

I'm not that good a shot, I'm sitting down in an armchair when I shoot this pistol, not standing or shooting freehand, it's also that my IZH-53 has been cleaned, relubed properly according to my recipe, and has a specially made spring guide. The IZH-53 is an excellent air pistol for the money, but with a clean, relube and spring guide added it gets even better! I told you, these pistols are good, amazing for the money!
    Last edited by Rob M; 09-09-2008 at 01:08 PM.

get a beeman airpistol, 410fps and very accurate/powerfull my mate has one very nice and well made i have used it a few times, i would have one but unemployed now so had to get a cheap s3

http://www.airguns-online.co.uk/beeman_air_pistol.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post

well were not on the sales section so steady down bud

your selling a second hand g2005s which retails at £39.95
    which is nothing more than a silver g10 (in my eyes)

was just advising buying a g10 for £25new would be a better buythats all
    Last edited by Moron; 09-09-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Hw45

there quite alot more expensive than these but there very good. Very accurate and fun because it recoils =]
    AA S400 Classic GinB, Gamo Delta, HW45 .177 =] ASI Sniper .22

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    None of the other pistols mentioned so far will come anywhere near that. .
    Not even the HW45 and 70?
    Weihrauch HW95K & HW97K .20
    Crosman 2240 .22
    Good deal(s) with: kick yer butt

Quote Originally Posted by IanDB View Post
    Not even the HW45 and 70?
    Of course THEY will, but the original poster was asking for recommendations for pistols around £30. I was referring to the other pistols recommended to him earlier in the thread, such as the G10 and the chinese one. If you know of any HW45s or HW70s for sale around £30, can you let me know?

The Baikal 53M, for all it's lack of cost, is an airgun and a pretty well engineered one at that.

The G10 is a not very well made toy, IMO lower than the Gat pop-outs.

Your cash, your choice. What Rob has said is 100% correct.

BTW Rob, any chance you have the dimensions of your spring guide, or a drawing please, to save me stripping the Baikal while I try and get one made up?
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.