Thread: Leica Ultravid 8X42BR.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I use Leica 10 x 42 for day use but when the light starts to go, out come the 8 x 56 Zeiss BGAT*P's. Unsurpassed for light gathering, true colour and clarity. Unfortunately no longer made I believe although East Of England Binoculars still has them at around £1100. I love my Leica's but wouldn't be without the Zeiss !
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Well after reading this thread, i should get my 10x42 out of the cupboard, only been in their 10 years never used, keep forgetting i have them.
    use a pair of ZIES 8X30 for the Land Rover.

Got the price tag still,£99 19/6 p. john.
    snarepeg.

Leica Bins!

Being a shooter with twitching tendencies I 've owned a pair of Leica 10x32 Trinovids (or wharever) and I love them more than anything else in the world, my prized possession. Tha gets what tha pays for lad as my dad used to say.

Talking

I am always amazed when I read these threads.
    by the number of folks who have owned Swaro / Leica/ Zeiss - sold them and gone back to Ace avian etc.

Oooh - hang on, that's not right is it?

Wonder why?

Rgds Mod
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training, DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching
    Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

leica

bill oddie can use binos well theres one to think about

Leica bins

It's quite simple really. If you have the dosh buy Leica. Zeiss or Swarovski. They are not twice as good as Optricon. Ace, Viking etc but they are better in many ways. Zeiss and Leica will fix your bins when you throw them off a high seat/cliff top.

Optics along with quality sound equipment and cars follow the laws of diminishing returns. You have to pay a lot more for a small improvement. Wether it's worth it is up to the individual and the size of his/her wallet.

I love my Leica bins but I only have a Ford Mondeo. Would love an Audi or BMW but cannot afford them. Are they 3 times better than my Mondeo? No but I would like one all the same!

its probably unlikely Bill oddie pays for his
    the defect of equality is that we only desire it with our superiors
    Henri Bregne 1837 - 1899