Thread: Pellets?

Guinness Guest

Pellets?

Since i've had my .177 skan (around christmas time) i've been using Bisley Magnum's cause thats what my mate used with it when he had it.
    I've recently decided to check to zero and fond that I wasn't getting a very good grouping and every few shots a pellet would be about 5" off.
    I am now using AA Diablo Field pellets. Are these any good for hunting or are they for field target?
    They are considerably lighter than the Magnum's, would these be better or worse zero'd at 40 yards?

When i had my Skan R32 i used accupells and got good results.

AA Fields are fine for hunting, they are accurate in most guns and being lighter than bis mags will give you a flatter trajectory and less hold over at longer ranges

Rgds
    Mark

Darren Petts Guest
    Type of pellet is unimportant to the quarry. Use whatever gives good consistent groups.

CalorGaz Guest
    Originally posted by Darren Petts
    Type of pellet is unimportant to the quarry. Use whatever gives good consistent groups.
    I'll second that. I used Bisley Pest Control for a while, they hit hard but have a pretty bad grouping in my rifle. I switched to the Accupel / Premiers and the groups came down to sub 25mm at 35yards (supported). That means you can hit the quarry target where you want and at 14.3grn I've not had a bunny complain yet

Trick is to get your hands on a few types of pellet and try them all on the range first.

CG