Thread: weihrauch hw 75 ?

weihrauch hw 75 ?

I am thinking of buying the weihrauch hw 75 pistol to do some fun target shooting. May even join the postal comp here. What do others think of this pistol?

It's a nice pistol and certainly good enough to be used for target shooting - I got one when I first joined a club and started shooting 10m pistol.

Bear in mind though, it isn't an out-and-out target pistol so doesn't have all the features and adjustments you might end up wanting - you're paying for the build quality rather than those. If it's more of a good all-rounder you're after maybe this isn't so much of a problem?

Iain

Cracking pistol - I love mine. A lot more accurate than me - but what it gains in accuracy it loses (to the CO2 stuff) in fun.

Thanks for the information guys. It sounds like what I'm after. I like the fact that it resembles an actual pistol. A bit of a throw back to when I enjoyed shooting fullbore pistols before the ban. It will give me some fun in doing some relaxed target shooting and I already own a Co2 pistol which is a copy of a colt 45 which is also fun to shoot but has a crap trigger pull. By the way, I wonder if you have had any comparison with the Weichrauch spring pistol which I think is the model 45.

I've never tried a HW45 so can't really compare the two. Obviously they are pretty much the same size and weight with the only big difference being the one-piece contoured grip on the HW75.

Iain

I have both the 75 and the 45 both in .177.
    They are very similar in weight and balance, the main difference being recoil and power.
    The 75 (pnumatic) shoots sweet as a nut totally recoilless at about 3ft lbs and very accurate in the right hands
    The 45 (spring/piston) is the powerful one very close on the limit, still as accurate with plenty practice due to the recoil.
    I would say if you are able, buy both lol.... basically if its for paper punching buy the 75, if its for general plinking and some paper punching buy the 45.
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....