Thread: chance to buy

chance to buy

Hi all,
    Got the chance to buy mint, boxed Webley tempest pistol and also BSA Club Special, complete and tidy. How much does anyone think theyre worth?
    I have no idea as the value of either so would like a general idea please.
    Thanks in advance

Roy

Tempest

Hi, is the Tempest the one in the presentation box (the one with the red lining with pellets and telescopic sight) if so I'd say around the £130 mark for good tidy condition I bought a a minter in just a brown box for £90 with post, I'v no idea about the club, hope this is some use cheers Roll

Quote Originally Posted by roll27 View Post
    Hi, is the Tempest the one in the presentation box (the one with the red lining with pellets and telescopic sight) if so I'd say around the £130 mark for good tidy condition I bought a a minter in just a brown box for £90 with post, I'v no idea about the club, hope this is some use cheers Roll

The Tempest was never designed for a scope - your confusing it with the Hurricane or Typhoon model from the late 1970's - early 80's.

Paul.

If you mean a BSA Airsporter Club, a very nice one with good etching would go for about £250 - £300 I would have thought.
    If you mean a pre-war BSA Club, ser no CS????? I think, about £130 ?
    Sorry If I’m a bit vague , but I’m away with work at the moment , and have no access books , magazines or the ser.no's. information I have at home .
    As with all guns, condtion / finish is all.
    Just my opinion for what its worth.

Sam

CS = Club Standard, which was in .177 calibre and produced by BSA for target shooting as it was 45.5" long as opposed to the Light or Ladies model which at 39.5" long was generally regarded as too short and light for serious target work.
    In fair original order I would put the price at £120-£150. More if it has a third sight built into the stock or trigger block.

ATB

Lakey

Question Webley

Hi, Interested in the Webley, any price yet?
    Cheers, Les.

Had a look at the guns listed. Webley tempest is wide blade version, absolute mint in original box plus info sheet, guarantee and allen key (no pellet tin).
    Bsa Club special is 45.5" long, complete but fair condition.

Will put up some photos as soon as. Lad selling doesn't know how much theyre worth which is why I need some advise, don't wanna pay too much but don't wanna rip the lad off.
    Cheers
    Roy