Thread: Single stroke pneumatic Lube?

Single stroke pneumatic Lube?

Ok will be getting a IZH-46M soon (in the post yay!) and i want to geep it running nice for many years to come! But ive never owned a SSP before and was wondering what kind of lube to use, and how to lube it? i read some guy who swore by Crosman Pellgunoil but coudlnt find any of it in the UK, what are your thoughts?

I use Pellgunoil on my HW40's, i put one drop on the piston and leave it standing upright over night so it runs down to the seal, i do this every 3 or 4 tins of pellets or every 3-4 months if it's not being used much, a smear on the breach seal is also a good idea.

have a look at Dowlings (link below) as far as i know they still stock it, no offence to our sponsor but i couldn't find any on thier site.

http://www.dowlings.uk.com/acatalog/..._Gun_Care.html

Hope this helps

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hmm says in the description that pellgunoil is now discontinued? is there any oil that has a similar composition?

Ahh nevermind found some on Uttings, will the be ok to keep the external of the gun in good condition to? or should i use somthing else to protect the finish of the gun?
    Last edited by Cynabal; 26-08-2008 at 12:15 PM.

For the pivots of the pump lever (which can be, of course, under quite a load when cocking) and also the trigger mechanism/lockwork (which is accessible from the top of the gun, and holes in the side of the frame with the grip removed), I use Bisley Gun Lubricant, bottom row page 17 here:

http://www.bisley-uk.com/

Uttings stock this, about £4 a bottle. There's also a little smear of moly grease on the pump lever pivots as well.

For the external finish, well I've recently started using Ballistol for that, since it's rubber-friendly I also tried a little drop on the seals as well with no ill-effects (so far, at least).

Iain