Thread: Reprint of The Book of the BSA Air Rifle

Reprint of The Book of the BSA Air Rifle

Received above from Cornell Publications in USA. Cracking read..I had not realised just how many sight options were available for the BSA Underlever. Originally published in 1911 and worth a read just for the "jingoism". We were clearly gearing up for a shooting match with someone!

Mike95

Bsa Book

Hi If You Have Any More Details For The Book It Would Help In Order To Get Hold Of A Copy Ie Publisher /author Etc. Thanks Howard5760.

BSA reprint

Go to www.cornellpubs.com USA company has 2000 odd reprint gun manuals, flyers etc. You will find the book of the BSA Air Rifle in their list. E-mail them and they will send you a paypal invoice. Probably take card as well. I think I paid $13.95 for the BSA reprint.

Mike95

If anyone has a good and ORIGINAL copy of this publication, "The Book of the BSA Air Rifle" that they may wish to sell, then I would be prepared to pay £150 for it?

Hi,is the book that rare??

I think I have one that I aquired recently.
    BASC

Yep! found it!
    I have had this original British version for a couple of years now and it is an excellent read,takes you into another era when talk is about colonies and setting up cadet shooting clubs at schools and factories so that to quote:
    "to take an interest in a pastime which might eventually lead to their becoming serviceable to their country"

Gives loads of pics of all the BSA air rifles made and the options and sights,bell targets,military spec trainers and parts lists etc.

Dean.
    BASC

Go to
    http://www.cornellpubs.com/Templates...ir%20Guns.html
    This should take you to the reprint.

dogsbody

Just out of interest does anyone know what the difference is between 'Home' & 'Colonial' editions?

Probably the prices for the guns,pellets,sights,targets and accessories etc.
    BASC

Colonial edition

The reprint is a copy of the "colonial and foreign edition" and has no prices, rather gaps in the print where I assume the retailer would enter the current prices by hand at the time of issuing the book?

I particularly like the letter from a BSA user regarding the birds etc taken out at 70 yards with the trusty BSA!

Mike95

Thanks guys. Got mine ordered .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike95 View Post
    ...I think I paid $13.95 for the BSA reprint.
    I ordered a copy yesterday for $13.95 + $2.99ish shipping. I paid by paypal.

Today I received a paypal invoice for a futher $4.25.

BSA reprint

The $2.99 is US postage, balance is for UK postage. See my earlier post. Best to send an e-mail, Cornell then send a paypal invoice including UK postage. My copy turned up after about 10 days.

Nice quote from the Medical Officer (Education) London County Council 1907
    "The tendency of girls to nurse dolls or of boys to play soldiers is absolutely natural. The failure to exhibit these normal tastes may be held to indicate mental defect." How times change!!

Mike95