Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got a Gamo Compact!

Just got a Gamo Compact!

.... But my girlfriend took it straight off me untill my birthday in 3 weeks

I dont even know if I can shoot a pistol well and now its doing my head in that I cant find out

Also in the shop they had a HW75 that I tried was a little more expensive (£180) and I think it was second hand. It didnt feel quite as nice to hold, but I think had a better trigger than the compact. Hope I chose the right gun to buy!

.... wonder if I can sneak it out when my girlfriend aint looking and have a go?

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    the compact is a good gun
    , just learn how to shoot it , spend alot of time with it .
    they are very good for the money ,
    get better the more pellets you put through them
    mine had about 10 thousand or more now ,eek .
    but i know what it will do , we are now friends , my compact and i , lol
    Getting Old

The compact is an excellent pistol that far outperforms its price.
    The trigger can be improved with a little work, making this a very sweet little pistol. Mine currently outshoots my Rohm that cost three times as much, but that of course may be just down to me
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Very good value pistols. A good purchase.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Does it feel as though a bit more weight would make for a steadier hold?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Jim
    I dont know its wrapped up till the 21st! I didnt try shooting it one handed in the shop either for fear of looking a bit daft when i missed the entire target + backstop!

Good Choice Denno, Great starter pistol, will out perform you for months ahead. Have a look at the UBC Gang thread at the top of the pistol section. Join up and take part in our Comp, PM Pad.E if you would like to take part.

and Happy Birthday for the 21st.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hi Cookie,

It was looking at the UBC comp that made me want to get a pistol, I think I will have to see if I can actually shoot it before starting to compete though. I was having big trouble holding it steady in the shop when aiming but then I aint shot a pistol since I sold my nemesis about 10 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Jim
    Although bought second hand, mine was as good as new and the trigger was somewhat on the firm side. This led to a certain amount of muzzle flip due to the effort of pulling the trigger. This would tend to suggest added weight may be of benefit. However, since reworking the trigger (lighter spring and polishing the mating parts of the sear/hammer) the smoother, lighter pull has all but banished the tendency of the muzzle to lift and the handling now does not seem to need additional weight. The compact does feel quite light when you first pick it up, especially when compared to some CO2 powered pistols, but after firing 50 or so shots you really quite appreciate the fact that it's not too heavy.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post
    Hi Cookie,

It was looking at the UBC comp that made me want to get a pistol, I think I will have to see if I can actually shoot it before starting to compete though. but then I aint shot a pistol since I sold my nemesis about 10 years ago!
    C'mon, get entering Denno!

Look at it this way, you'll have your scores recorded for you month by month by the venerable Pad E, so not only will you be in a fantastic position to track your progress, but it's also a bloody good incentive to improve.

Before the comps came along, I rarely used my pistols. Now, I have an incentive to practice between the competitions. I've never used my pistols as much as since I joined the UBC.

Go on... you know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    C'mon, get entering Denno!

Look at it this way, you'll have your scores recorded for you month by month by the venerable Pad E, so not only will you be in a fantastic position to track your progress, but it's also a bloody good incentive to improve.

Before the comps came along, I rarely used my pistols. Now, I have an incentive to practice between the competitions. I've never used my pistols as much as since I joined the UBC.

Go on... you know you want to...
    Dont worry, I will be entering! just need to get my hands on my pistol now!

Good choice Denno,
    You'll love it when you get it.
    here's some info on tuning

http://www.postcardfromspain.com/tri...mo_compact.htm

'cus you'll soon want to start playing with it.. (oooerr missus)

atb
    Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

MikeB: yeah you know it! not to long to go though!

Firestorm: cheers for the link, I will probably start playing with it if i need an excuse for being a poor shot!

Sweet

Nice one bro the compact is a real good gun but im not too keen on Gamo Pistols, dont mind the rifles but not the pistols lol....

Dont ask why :P

Nick
    TEAM 400V