Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning to Paypal users

Warning to Paypal users

I have just discovered i have been ripped off by a member on here

it was only £10 for a PS3 game but this could just as easily been alot more

Please check that if you recieve a payment that it can not be reversed.

I sent the game after seeing the funds in the paypal account, 2 weeks later the it was reversed no explaination.

I still have a name and address but i deleted all PMs so dont know his user name
    "There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England". - Winston Churchill

ive stopped using paypal its cash or cheque now
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

oldest trick in the book. i have heard of this happen so many times...
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

Disturbing

to think this is happening when most (i think) of us have used it at some time on here. Just this AM for me!
    Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny k View Post
    to think this is happening when most (i think) of us have used it at some time on here. Just this AM for me!
    Yes and thanks for the payment for the pistol by the way

After a bit of research it seems a reversal or chargeback can be done by the buyer and is meant for when an item is sent faulty or not sent at all
    but this has no safeguard against rip off merchants who recieve a perfectly good item but dont want to pay

(second thoughts, maybe i shouldnt have told you that)

I suspect following up on the address will get me nowhere

I think that will be the last time i use paypal
    "There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England". - Winston Churchill

Sorry about that Bobz.
    .177" Harrier X, Hydrographically dipped with custom FT Stock. .22" S410k BTAS with walnut thumbhole stock. .223 Tikka T3 Stainless Lite. CZ Varmint 17hmr. Browning and Baikal O/U 12g.

paypal

paypal is crap! pure and simple, if you use paypal a lot you WILL get ripped off sooner or later!

Graeme Guest
    Is there a time limit ? I can think of a yank who owes me $360 for goods not sent, but it was a wile ago now.. But other than that it's very disturbing news

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Is there a time limit ? I can think of a yank who owes me $360 for goods not sent, but it was a wile ago now.. But other than that it's very disturbing news
    I think you have to sort it through your card issuer (CC) but check the paypal website

Flannelmeister is offline If I'm not on here I'm in the shed
    The best way to sort payment is to give your purchaser your bank name, account number and sort code and ask them to go to a branch of the bank and pay into your account in cash.

You are giving nothing away that is not printed on every cheque you have ever written.
    .177 HW97K
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Although banks won't tell you this, the period during which you can effect a chargeback varies between 60 and 90 days from the date of the transaction.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

I thought when using pay pal, you are notified before a payment is reversed?
    On the occasion i claimed money back through pay pal for goods not received, i had to submit a form explaining why i wanted a refund. This was then forwarded on to the other party, who had to agree to refund the money.

So how do we know if it's able to be reversed ?
    |TX200 Club - Brighton HFT|
    Can you afford to guess if she's pregnant or not? Well now you can with the all new service revolver! Just 2 easy steps and your sorted. Point to your head then pull the trigger!

Tamworth, Staffs 198 miles North of Calais :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Melzas View Post
    So how do we know if it's able to be reversed ?
    Dont even think about it ! !

Atb
    Cliff
    Unique S400 Classic with MTC Viper 10x44

I am guessing it was done via the credit-card company. Companies that take CC payments often suffer from chargebacks and cancelled payments - one reason that many CC processing companies hold onto your money for 3+ months before they let you access it.
    FX Verminator in .177 + Simmons 4-14x40 AO ProAir scope + Weihrauch silencer
    Gamo CFX in .22 + BSA Essencial 3-9x40 scope
    Webley Mark-I air pistol in .177 (wooden grip, circa 1928, fires like new)