Thread: Pellet Advice Please.

Pellet Advice Please.

I have been asked to do some rat control in a fairly small building.
    I have always preferred hollow point pellets on vermin but stuck to know as what is available these days.
    In the past soft thin walled hollow points sure did the job with no danger of over penetration.
    Many moons ago I was given a pack of “Vortek Lampreys” to try by a fellow shooter.
    They were magnificent on rodents in confines of barns and piggeries.
    I never followed them up, and am now told that they have not been made for several years at least.
    Can any of you more experienced guys recommend a .22 calibre hollow point?
    The Vortek’s had a very big frontal cavity I remember.
    With use in Logun S16s.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Andy.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.”

could give crossman matchpell a try(flatheads) used them in the past to very good effect.very good stoppin power at close range.

Rws

....do hollow point pellets. Usually good quality and prices.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Cheers guys, will try both next weekend and see what else may be available.

A.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.”

hi andy, if you pm me your address i will send you some rws super hollow to try. cheers paul

Quote Originally Posted by psb_74 View Post
    hi andy, if you pm me your address i will send you some rws super hollow to try. cheers paul
    How utterly magnanimous, thank you!
    Quickest address has been sent.

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubshot View Post
    Well worth Checking out XP2's - Rifle Version of TAC 2'sDimple Headed Tin Pellet www.airgunpellets.com
    Used by a growing number of Vermin Contol Shooters around Water
    sourcesWhere Lead rounds are BannedBOB/R
    Good idea, looks like I'll be buying quite a few samples this Saturday.

I was never keen on over penetration and losing lead shot in farm surroundings. Maybe paranoid, but when I tried the first ever Prometheus inan HW77 accuracy was not good till I scrubbed to barrel free of all traces of lead. I'll give them a try anyway, watch this space for reports in due course.

Droid.

go with what ever pellet is dead accurate with your barrel...

I'd be more interested in ft lb energy delivered...

this is an issue that I face everyday... since I'm in the city (USA)
    over penetration is always a concern.

tuned Beeman R7 .177 with Leupold 3.5x10-50mm shoots at a mere 580 fps with 7.9 crossman premier HP. this particular gun is not pellet sensitive at all... will shoot most any pellet accurately.... most of my keepers are not pellet sensitive...

lately I've been shooting with IZH-46M with a bushnell Holo sight.
    1 moa from a red dot... very fast acquisition..... shoots right at 483 fps with 7.9gr... just enough power to drop small critters..
    Bullpup AA S400 Extra FAC .22, Beeman R1, R9, R7, FWB 124, rocker silver streak, Mac1 LD