Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA 1 of a 1000 Airsporter

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    An earlier thread stated that a quarter or so were made in .177.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    As stated in earlier thread, 264 in .177 and 736 in .22, so it's not surprising that few .177's appear for sale.
    ... Cheers for that chaps, info duly noted and stored (said it before and will say it again: every day is a school day ) ... and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    A few years ago I tried to buy a BSA Stutzen directly from the factory. I spoke to a very nice lady, who told me that as they weren’t selling too well, BSA had upped the power a tad, and shipped a lot to the Middle East.
    Yep, was told similar by John Bowkett when we were discussing the .177 RB-2 Stutzen that I sold to finance getting my .22 Centenary. Was happy to do this as apart from their collectability, imho BSA have not produced a decent handling .177 spring rifle since the Cadet Major (and all that went before ), and I've had plenty of BSA .177s to base this opinion on including such icons as an Airsporter MkII, a Mercury MkII, two Mercury-S's, an RB-2 Stutzen, an RB-2 Airsporter, a Superstar and two Lightning XL's.

In .22 have found all the aforementioned to be fantastic however, but in .177? With the exception of the Webley Omega and Eclipse MkII, the Air Arms TX, Pro Sport and Pro Elite, if it is a sprung .177 you are after, you've just got to go German ... Right then, battle bowlers on, light the blue touch paper and run ... . Ha ha ha. Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Smile centenary airsporter

hi fat man here, i had one of these excellent rifles as a kit but had to sell a few years back.agree with valuation given mine went eventually for £300. In the kit it should have some pellots a tube if i remember but they were pylarm/ eley wasp not marksman a certificate,badge, mark 10 4X40 scope and mounts. nice to use, but like airsporter s .22 was/ is pellet fussey, i allways size my wasps in 5.6 not german 5.5 for mark3 and airspoters. great gun, overpriced in my opinion but superb in allmost all respects, please use enjoy and not lock it away it was made to be used !!! . quote.- it may be old but its still very effective !.