Thread: Aiming the bloody thing....

Aiming the bloody thing....

Well isn't it funny how you keep learning about how to hit a target...

After months of listening to all & sundry about the nuances/variations/effects of shooting the various pistol types (Co2, springer, SSP etc..) I've found that a simple one off comment made by Eric (Eredel) has given me new hope........

He commented to someone else how it's important to keep your focus on the front sight when aiming.

Now this sounds bleedin' obvious, but having started to see my scores fluctuating a fair bit, and getting a bit P!ssed off about it, by accident I came across eric's little snippet.

When I got in the shed today at lunch, I carefully studied what I was doing, and....

what a Tw@t......... I let my focus slip through onto the target....et voila, crap groups because I don't notice the sight drifting.

Concentrated a while, got the front sight on line and kept it there. Improved all my groups with each pistol by at least 50%. Bugger me.

Eric, your a hero.......

Russ (never too clever to learn)
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Welldone there Russ

I've just done my pistol shoot, I dropped abit on my previous springer score, but improved on my Co2 score. , at least I'm still consistant :- Consistantly Crap

I will have to try that, even though I have heard of that technique before, I haven't put it to practice.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Napalm is offline Pickle McLovin'...it's a man thing
    When I was shooting fullbore pistols in the states, I was told to keep both eyes open and focus on the target...

My shots then went all over the place. I went back to one eye open, focus on the front sight, and all was well...

<shrug>

Either I was doing something wrong, or its just because I'm used to doing it the 'wrong way'.
    Glock 19, 43. Two ARs and a few other assorted rifles.

Fortunatlely that was one of the first things i was told at my club, Keep your sight in focus and the target blurred, so simple and it works.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Well isn't it funny how you keep learning about how to hit a target...

After months of listening to all & sundry about the nuances/variations/effects of shooting the various pistol types (Co2, springer, SSP etc..) I've found that a simple one off comment made by Eric (Eredel) has given me new hope........

He commented to someone else how it's important to keep your focus on the front sight when aiming.

Now this sounds bleedin' obvious, but having started to see my scores fluctuating a fair bit, and getting a bit P!ssed off about it, by accident I came across eric's little snippet.

When I got in the shed today at lunch, I carefully studied what I was doing, and....

what a Tw@t......... I let my focus slip through onto the target....et voila, crap groups because I don't notice the sight drifting.

Concentrated a while, got the front sight on line and kept it there. Improved all my groups with each pistol by at least 50%. Bugger me.

Eric, your a hero.......

DAMN!!!!......another one gonna shoot better than me....
    Nice going Russ...makes a change for me to be helping someone..
    ATB,,Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Bugger me.

No chance Russ' I aint that way inclined

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    No chance Russ' I aint that way inclined

Tony
    LOL

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357