Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Septembers UBC Competition

Septembers UBC Competition

Hi Guys & Gals

Septembers Competition is under way.

Details >HERE<

Thanks to the people who have submitted there scores already & to the people that have taken part in the past few months.

I've had good comments about the side shoot, as for me personally it puts another edge to the competition

I like to make a note to Jim & Jan Mc Arthur for there dedication as they have submitted there scores, even though they to travel 400 miles to get clear of storms over in New Orleans.

The weather here has been on the rainy side, so it's finding the right time to get that shoot in.

So once again thank you for your input & partcipitation

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Big Mat is offline Formerly Fire Bunnys, and doesn't ask for much!
    i'll do my best to get my side shoot score in asap pad, just gone back to school so i'm a little busy.

atb
    mat

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Pistol scores emailed

Wife's off for a driving lesson at 12:30, its dry, you will have my spring scores in a couple of hours.
    Checked the scoreboards. Co2 down on last months scores
    Must focus on the front sight in future
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    I like to make a note to Jim & Jan Mc Arthur for there dedication as they have submitted there scores, even though they to travel 400 miles to get clear of storms over in New Orleans.
    Seconded. That's the Pioneer spirit in action for you - made of sterner stuff, y'see?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Must focus on the front sight in future
    sarky bugger.....

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Seconded. That's the Pioneer spirit in action for you - made of sterner stuff, y'see?
    We thank you, mates!

Jim and Jan
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi all,
    Got my P800 out to do my card for the spring comp
    After a few shots I'm thinking HUH? this does'nt feel right and it sounds different
    I know I'm not the best shot on the planet but I'm far from the worst
    So why oh why am I aiming at the top left bull and hitting the other ruddy targets?
    I was using Eley wasps as per usual in my P800 and there flying everyway which way they want! In fact every other way than where I'm aiming

Decided to try the Webley Harrier pellets.
    I heard the pellet hit the card column of my pellet catcher with a thwok (here we go again) sounded like some one threw the damn thing! Closer examination theres a mark where the lead hit the cardboard and a slight dent!
    Tried again and the pellet hit the garden chair that my catcher is stood on!
    HUH

Decided to open the gun and have a look in the belly of the beast. Everything looked fine apart from the fact that there is no washer on the front of the piston!!
    I plugged the port and pushed the piston down the chamber there was a deffinate hiss and very little resistance.
    Got onto chambers website and looked at the parts diagram of the P800.
    Guess what? the washer is missing! Only sign of a previous washer is possibly the black dust that came out of the piston chamber?
    So unless I get into Hull first thing tomorrow and manage to get a spring pistol, then I'm out of this months spring comp

Anyone local to me wanting to flog a springer pistol????
    ATB
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Jan and I are hading back to New Orleans tomorrow but we're not sure about water, electricity or internet connections so you might not hear from us for a few days. We do have bottled water and non-perishable food, flashlights and batteries, so we can last a few days until utilities are restored.

Some day, we'll move away from hurricanes.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Update..

Hi Guys & Gals..

Abit quite this month so far,

Submitted scores..

Spring= 3/21

SSP= 7/17

Co2= 6/17

PCP= 3/8

Side shoot

Bug splat= 7

Bunny Bopper= 7

At least it will help me creep up the leader board

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Spring Comp score

Hi Paddy,

Can you change my spring pistol from the Gamo P800 to my new Weihrauch HW70

I shall have to do my shoot on Saturday as its still tiddling down with the wet stuff still. Had not a 1 min let up today

That means, I have to Zero the sights for 6 yeards (Supposedly set at 10mtrs) and then find out which pellets it likes from my stocks then shoot the score card! Gonna be busy in the morning, lets hope its dry

Cant wait to give it a go. Duncans told me its firing about 5.5 ft/lbs as its just been refurbed by Hull Cartridge (but from what I have read, unless they put a more powerful spring in it then its more likely 3.5 ft/lbs?)

Still its a heavy piece of kit and my fingers twitching

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

I'm dyin to join in but the builders have decided to build what can only be described as the mountain out of close encounters in my back yard and trying to aim around it and hit a target of any description (barn doors included) would be a mean feat....
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper
    Can you change my spring pistol from the Gamo P800 to my new Weihrauch HW70
    Consider it done, if its raining tomorrow set up a parasol for you to stand under.

Quote Originally Posted by davep90 View Post
    I'm dyin to join in but the builders have decided to build what can only be described as the mountain out of close encounters in my back yard and trying to aim around it and hit a target of any description (barn doors included) would be a mean feat....
    Hi Dave.

Your welcome to join next months shoot, that's if your builder finishes your cloose encounter.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

We're back home!

Jan and I arrived home late this afternoon. Thank God, all was well! No roof damage, no leaks: all utilities up and running, all our pond goldfish survived. Just some things blown around the back yard, and a lot of leaves and small branhes to clean up. We can live with that!

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Jim and Jan, glad all is well back at home, I'm pretty sure the whole gangs prays were with you.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.