Thread: Visit From F.L.O. Checking For A Brocock Pistol

andyw Guest

Angry Visit From F.L.O. Checking For A Brocock Pistol

Has anyone else come across this? - I was visited by my local FLO yesterday due to the fact I enquired about the FAC for a Brocock pistol back in January. He left a note saying they had not received an application so wanted to "inspect" the pistol - Managed to speak to him today and explained the reason I did not apply was I decided to hand the pistol in 2 months before the enforcement was due. Ah, he said "do you have the receipt number?" I had to explain that the duty desk staff did not have a clue what I was talking about when I handed in the pistol...and I was lucky to have had a friend with me who had the where with all, to tell me to get the Staff number of the the civilian front desk person I was dealing with, so I had some point of reference to whom I had handed in the weapon. This info was put on to a Police "complements" slip with the words "receipt for brocock magnum pistol" hhhhmmmm he said "I will have to check back on that" Imagine if I were still to have the pistol the moment in clapped eyes on it...your breaking the law with minimum 5 year jail term...are they being diligent by chasing up enquiries or do they think people are stupid and would still have an unlicensed air cartridge weapon?? - I have asked him to contact me as soon as he is clear that the pistol was handed in...I was ****** fuming!!!!
    Last edited by andyw; 03-06-2004 at 04:59 PM.

What a bunch of incompentant morons.

Still, if our dear old govenments hadn't suddenly realised how dangerous these incredibly powerful weapons were in the hands of 'gangstas', think what a mess we'd be in!

I sometimes wonder if the only two verbs Blair and Brown understand are 'tax' and 'ban'.

Zanx Guest
    Wait for the Police press release in a few months time that claims XXX hundreds of illegally held guns have been retrieved by our brave police force acting on behalf of their muppet Commandants.