Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does the law say?

Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post
    Ah, but where would you get the black powder without the Explosives license and RCA, for which you need an FAC.
    Somewhat oversimplifying things, but you get the drift....
    Already have BP licence and therefor in possession of all the necessaries
    I just did'nt want to have to buy a larger gunsafe and if I used my antique VERY occasionally I wouldn't have to lock it up.
    Evan
    P.S. I have never tried it off ticket(too feart of getting caught)
    it was easier to put it on ticket and take something else off (I.E. sell)

[QUOTE=evanjwm;3046497]Already have BP licence and therefor in possession of all the necessaries
    I just did'nt want to have to buy a larger gunsafe and if I used my antique VERY occasionally I wouldn't have to lock it up.

I know someone in the club who is always putting stuff on and taking it off ticket. He does the now you see it (off ticket - on wall) now you don't (on ticket - in safe) shuffle regularly. I must remember to ask if he gets a one-for-one variation.

Have fun and burn some powder!

Talking of which, during the hand-in the police spread the handed-in powder onto the ground and burnt it to get rid of it. Rumour has it that some of it wouldn't burn.

[QUOTE=majex45;3047404]
    Quote Originally Posted by evanjwm View Post
    Already have BP licence and therefor in possession of all the necessaries

I know someone in the club who is always putting stuff on and taking it off ticket. He does the now you see it (off ticket - on wall) now you don't (on ticket - in safe) shuffle regularly. I must remember to ask if he gets a one-for-one variation.

Have fun and burn some powder!

Talking of which, during the hand-in the police spread the handed-in powder onto the ground and burnt it to get rid of it. Rumour has it that some of it wouldn't burn.
    I happento know that a lot of primers were HANDED IN IN A USED CONDITION 'cause the paperwork didn't say they had to be unused.
    Just like the cases were in a used condition.!!! Heh Heh Heh!

[QUOTE=evanjwm;3048274]
    Quote Originally Posted by majex45 View Post

I happento know that a lot of primers were HANDED IN IN A USED CONDITION 'cause the paperwork didn't say they had to be unused.
    Just like the cases were in a used condition.!!! Heh Heh Heh!
    B*####*r - wish I'd thought of that one.

Antique v Repro

Personally, I wouldn't try the "occasional use only" ever. The law, I thik, is based on intent and if you are going to use a gun, it, it HAS to be on ticket unless you want to gamble with losing it and all your others. The law, as we all know, is an ass and firearms certifictes were never intended to cope with antique weapons. After all, what happens when you have an entry (or two) that says "1 x 0.44 pistol, No makers name, no serial number". Answer - You decide which is which when you take them out!

Neutron Bomb has it 100% about the original repro difference. I have New Model Army Remingtons, one original and one a modern repro. The original was bought as an antique and off ticket and all I had to later was inform the local force of my intention to shoot it and write it onto my certificate myself. The repro was ordered from Hege in Germany having met the guy at the European BP Championships and there was a heart stopping moment when it (and a single shot I'd ordered) were delivered to my door by a courier. That resulted in a very speedy trip to a local dealer to get them written on!