Thread: Rutten Winstar HS550 Pistol, ever seen or owned one?

Rutten Winstar HS550 Pistol, ever seen or owned one?

These were made for a few years in the late nineties in Belgium, they looked like a well-made, high quality, over-engineered rethink of the Webley Hurricane. Has anyone on here ever handled, shot or owned one of these? I'd be interested in any views or info, and yes, I am looking to buy one!

You can see one here:

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temnum=8533096

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Cheers

Just revisiting this, I'm still looking for one of these!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    I'd be interested in any views or info, and yes, I am looking to buy one!

Cheers
    Man that is one UGLY tool. Like an early Sten gun, no concession to aesthetics. Even if it is a good performer, no one would want to own something that crude-looking, I guess that is why it didn't sell well.

Good luck with the search, most of them are probably hiding under the bed with paper-bags over their heads.

I wonder what the power/accuracy is? Like a HW45 perhaps?

I kind of like the way it looks! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say, as I have said before I find the HW45 very ugy indeed. This does look businesslike, I'll grant, and it lacks superfluous and unnecessary styling, but I still think it looks good.

Power wise it was fairly powerful, doing about 5 ft/lbs if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Man that is one UGLY tool. Like an early Sten gun, no concession to aesthetics. Even if it is a good performer, no one would want to own something that crude-looking, I guess that is why it didn't sell well.

Good luck with the search, most of them are probably hiding under the bed with paper-bags over their heads.
    I wonder what the power/accuracy is? Like a HW45 perhaps?
    LOL
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Hi, Rob. I think I know a dealer who might have one for sale. I will send you a PM.