Thread: What pistol for HFT

What pistol for HFT

What pistols would you recommend for HFT?

I know its a little limited in events, but I was looking to add another dimension to our HFT events when possible, as I know that a few friendly HFT's run these as well.

Dean.

PS I have put this in the Pistol section as well...dont seem to be able to delete this thread though...
    Last edited by DEAN C.; 05-09-2008 at 09:25 PM.
    BASC

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    For a non-PCP, in my view it's gotta be a .22 HW45. Proper job

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Why .22? I'm a big .177 convert in rifles.
    BASC

Dean,

It has got to be a Falcon FN8. Shoots as tight a group as the rifles with a decent pistol scope. The FN6 will only put in 25/30 shots or that is as good.

The new Brocock looks to be a quality gun with 50 shots in .177. Only had a few shots with one down the club, but well impressed with the quality. Priced around £300 I think.

If you want the ultimate, most 10m match pistols will wind up to 5-5.5 ft/lb but can be on the pricy side at £4-600 second hand. On top of that you will need a custom scope mount made at about £100. I have a Morini running 5.25ft/lb with a red dot and it is awesome plinker at 25-30 yd!

Good luck
    Make every shot count.

HW 45 look nice and the Falcon pistols in pcp.

I'm a big fan of Titan and early Falcon actions,very simple but they do the business very consistantly and reliable too.
    Andy J sent me a PM saying that he is a big fan of the 1740 and 2240 range.

I really like the feedback that I am finding about the Gamo compact SSP!! £100 second hand too!!
    Last edited by DEAN C.; 07-09-2008 at 07:37 PM.
    BASC

Dean....YHPM...
    Eric.

For HFT pistol it would have to be the Falcon FN8, it's a fantastic pistol for the money & very accurate

hft pistol

evening gents, i shoot the folowing at my Club Nelson South Wales F/t club( will be doing HFT soon ) crossman2240,Hamerli Master, Original Model 10 Crossman 38t, Sheridan E9a .20 pistol, Hw45, Bsa Scorpian. In short Most goodQuality pistols could be used ! I agree that new Brocok Pistol looks interesting , it may even convince me to buy a pcp ! I am the only member that uses a pistol on a regular basis so nice to know i am not alone out there. Take care and enjoy our sport.

Think I'm swaying towards a Falcon.. and maybe look at the Gamo compact as well,but if a nice falcon or titan appears I think that I will be tempted.

Thanks for the replies its interesting to see other views as pistols have never been my thing till now.I fancy a challenge!!

Dean.
    BASC

BigEars Guest
    We're thinking of trying this at our club but my Rohm Twinmaster only just managed to knock the target over at point blank range. Any further out would just not work. Any Ideas or do I just need to bite the bullet and look for a 5-6 ftlb pistol?