Thread: Info On Diana Model 66

Info On Diana Model 66

Could anyone give me information on the Diana model66.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by joboe View Post
    Could anyone give me information on the Diana model66.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick
    It was the final barrel-cocking recoilless Diana match rifle. Same as the mod 65 but with a squared stock. Made from 1974 until late '70s/early '80s, from 1977 simultanously with the sidelever Diana 75. The 65/66/75 used the same Giss power plant of opposing pistons, one a dummy. Value is somewhere between about £120 and £200, depending on condition, when seals were last changed, demand on the day.

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.
    Members will welcome you to the site who know a lot more than me . Welcome. I had a model 66 so can tell you a little. It was an earley form of recoilless target rifle intended for 10metre shooting. It was never intended to be very powerful, you could expect about 6 ft pds.The system depends upon two pistons being released at the same time in opposite directions. The one to power the shot and the other to counter the recoil of the first. The pistons run on a rack and pinion system that can be seen under the action. Often the barel had a shroud to make for a more neutral balance and they were very pleasant to shoot. A good one could be worth about£100 to £150 perhaps, and they were superceeded by the model 75. This had the same system but was a side lever instead a break barel. Hope this will be of some use to you. Best of luck and wait for the experts to add or correct me.Pete

Welcome

I hope you have more joy getting info (as it seems you have already) than I had with the model 30