Thread: Falcons any good?

Question Falcons any good?

Obviously they are SOME good, but how does,say, the falcon, compare to the AA 400 / 410 series?

David

They are good, but sometimes need a bit of fettling to get the best out of them

The S400 is just about the best value for money there is

Baz

Paul Hudson Guest
    Agree with Baz. I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference. I prefer the feel and style of the Air Arms, but the Falcons have the capability to be just as accurate.

Paul.

Never owned one but continually lust after the Lighthunter series as they are (in my humble opinion) the prettiest rifle available today. I seem to remember from reading about them that they can suffer from either 'ping' or 'twang' from the hardware when fired, which as mentioned above is fettle-able. Made in England is the best bit
    "Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering KABOOM!"

Originally posted by Paul Hudson
    Agree with Baz. I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference. I prefer the feel and style of the Air Arms, but the Falcons have the capability to be just as accurate.

Paul.
    I'm pretty much t'other way about. I admire the quality and finish of Air Arms, but think the cheekpiece on the butt is too high for comfort except in the standing position. The Falcon's style seems less flashy and it's comfortable and steady in a wider variety of positions IMO.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Gary C Guest
    Falcon is a little more agricultural than the Air Arms but every bit as accurate. Mag system is a bit more graunchy and fiddly to load and the trigger is not as sweet.

Lighthunter is love / hate - personally I find the narrow cheekpiece not too comfortable.

Thumbs up .

Lighthunter is love / hate - personally I find the narrow cheekpiece not too comfortable.

I have to agree I like the look of the lighthunter but I could never get on with mine due to the reason above,but my sporter stocked Raptor was truly a great hunting rifle through and through not as stylish as the S400/410 but equally as good as a hunter.

Cheers Ol.

Phil FH70 Guest
    i believe Falcon are not up to the same standards as AA, Falcon need a bit of respect with the loading compared with AA. But i would not swap my falcon for a 410.
    Phil FH70

Falcon rifles are far better built than the AA. But AA does have more than a few better points and a very efficient valving system.

Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation