Quote Originally Posted by buckshot100 View Post
Very interesting reading, I'm about to take delivery of a new HW100 .177 and id'e like to know the best way to keep the barrel sweet. Do i waz a tin of pellets through to bed it in?
I am going to start with AA's, (lubed?) so when do i give it a clean? Will firing a few VFG cleaning pellets be all that is needed periodically as i don't like the idea of any kind of brush.
Thanks in advance.

Neil.
For me a pull-through is the best way, just get a loop of plastic-coated fishing trace with the end tied to a piece of dowel or something similar to hold on to. I use a plastic drinking straw to protect the crown, and feed the pullthrough down the barrel through this. Best to remove the silencer first, but be careful the first time you unscrew it in case the barrel rotates. If it does you'll have to tighten the barrel fixing grubscrew first. Also make sure the piece of cloth isn't so large as to get stuck in the breech.

With a brand new gun I'd probably clean the barrel first to get rid of any oils or greases that accumulated in the factory then just start shooting it in. My HW100 groups open up a little after about 500-700 pellets and I usually then clean the barrel with a few pull-throughs (first one moistened with pellet lube), then followed by 3 dry VFG pellets.