Thread: Barrel "Conditioning".

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very interesting

The CZ factory handbook recommends barrel cleaning every 250 shots for the S200 and I assume all PCP's need regular cleaning presumably because of pellet build up? I nearly caused a riot at my club when I suggested barrel cleaning, but I must admit I have not cleaned barrels on any of my springers unless I am stripping them. I confess to sitting before a bench with six different brands of pellets and checking to see if the 50 year old Webley/BSA barrel will group better with one pellet than with another! One major problem we all know about is the 50 year old .22 barrel and the modern 5.5mm pellet...now I have to worry about barrel conditioning!

Many thanks for the tip..I will get out the cleaning pull tomorrow.

Mike95

Quote Originally Posted by Mike95 View Post
    The CZ factory handbook recommends barrel cleaning every 250 shots for the S200 and I assume all PCP's need regular cleaning presumably because of pellet build up? I nearly caused a riot at my club when I suggested barrel cleaning, but I must admit I have not cleaned barrels on any of my springers unless I am stripping them. I confess to sitting before a bench with six different brands of pellets and checking to see if the 50 year old Webley/BSA barrel will group better with one pellet than with another! One major problem we all know about is the 50 year old .22 barrel and the modern 5.5mm pellet...now I have to worry about barrel conditioning!

Many thanks for the tip..I will get out the cleaning pull tomorrow.

Mike95
    Hi mike as for regular cleaning i only clean the barrel if i get erractic shots i.e up down left right otherwise i leave well alone for example a few of my pcps i put around 10,000 shots through a month in a year and a half ive not cleaned them i check them for grouping before i go out shooting the course same with springers. If it aint broke dont fix it....
    Crossbow with s&b 12-50-56 on top

Springer34, 10,000 shots a month seems a tad OCD. Surly 320 shots a day must be very time consuming and boring or are your figures a typo mistake.

Hi I never bother cleaning my barrels as long as I can hit a target out to 55yards wind and wobble are my main problems when siting or bench resting