I personally don't buy into the barrel conditioning thing on springers. Although I pull a couple of patches through every 250 or so rounds I can't honestly say even cleaning does anything. With that said none of my guns is particularly "finicky" or sensitive. I guess there are pellet guns, like rimfires, that really need to be bedded because they are so sensitive to conditions.

I have 5 springers and I can shoot ten different kinds of ammo for over 100 rounds and then put my guns favorite in and it will group exactly the same.

When accuracy falls off I look to my scope rings/mount first. There are some days I flat cannot hang with the accuracy level of the gun. This is especially true when I jump from gun to gun. With a springer the follow through is absolutely critical and no easy thing to do consistently even from a rest.

I will say it is VERY noticeable with rimfire shooting. I just don't think the pellet lube etc is near as dense and saturating as the greasy stuff they use on rimfires.