Thread: Barrel "Conditioning".

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What brand of filter tips do you guys use? I've got some "Swan slimline" filters and they look to be too big for a .177. A lot longer than VFG's.
    Weihrauch HW100s .177, BRNO mod.#2 .22 lr,
    Miroku MK38 trapgun, SKB 805s sporter,
    Mossberg 835 ultimag, W.Wild sb hammergun.

So from what I understand, you'd be doing some initial cleanup on a factory-new gun, sticking to one pellet brand ideally and cleaning with pull-throughs say once every tin? Just trying to get straight in my head what's needed to maintain a semi-decent air rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by MG_Plinker View Post
    So from what I understand, you'd be doing some initial cleanup on a factory-new gun, sticking to one pellet brand ideally and cleaning with pull-throughs say once every tin? Just trying to get straight in my head what's needed to maintain a semi-decent air rifle.
    depends on your rifle, theres nothing wrong with getting into a routine of cleaning ect, its a good thing in general.

Allthough i have cleaned my barrel (afew times) ive never done so becose it needed doing but becose i just decided to do it, some people report there barrels need cleaing after afew hundred pellits others report they rarely ever need to.

Ive tried afair few pellits without cleaning my barrel and ive allways got good groups, so far i havnt found a pellit my rifle doesnt like, on the other hand a couple of weeks ago i came across a rifle that would shotgun (3 inch groups at 35 yards) with all pellits we tried except its prefered pellit.

One bad thing about cleaing (my barrel atleast) is it takes a good 70 - 90 pellits to "lead up", once done though its shoots great what ever i put in it. ofcourse i allways clean my barrel when doing a serious test on a potential new pellit to use (just in case )
    Air Arms MPR + GINB FT1 + VIPER 10X44
    WALTHER LGU + VIPER 10X44