Thread: Barrel "Conditioning".

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Costas, you took my tip on the roll-up filters then....

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    Hey Costas, you took my tip on the roll-up filters then....

Neil

You aint half wrong neil, thank you for that neil, took your advice and went out and bought the large filter tips, blew 3 through and yes they do work.
    this is what i'll do from now on, aint going through that again.
    Cheers neil.
    I'm forever blowing "Bubbles"

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    You aint half wrong neil, thank you for that neil, took your advice and went out and bought the large filter tips, blew 3 through and yes they do work.
    Cheers neil.

And don't forget to take your awt of first Costas as them filters will remove your baffles as well as surplas lead .

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by REEVES View Post
    And don't forget to take your awt of first Costas as them filters will remove your baffles as well as surplas lead .

The filter tips reeves was for the .25 as its silencer is not like a awt, but I thought Id give thee old mfr a clean like the .25 and ended smashing the insides up. The mfr really reeves i usually take off the silencer and do a pull-through but saw it worked fine on the mk2 .25 id thought it would be fine for the mfr but it turned out it wasn't.

Once again reeves just would like to say a Big Thank-You for what you did for me reeves, true gentlemen mate and really appreciate it.

MFR is laser-guided accuracy I cant believe it my self, its been along time the mfr was messing around and accuracy was suffering , was never good as it was before and put it down to "too much cleaning" "barrel might be bent" "need to take it to Benny for a full service" allsorts. Then after that loud bang i just knew something was wrong, got on the blower to you, did a few findings and yes you were correct. Stuck the new AWT which is a vast improvement to the old ones and has transformed the rifle completely and i mean completely, very quiet and extremely accurate , thoughts bis mags are going on pellet on pellet at 60 yds with 1 mill dot, pellet on pellet at 50 yds cross hair, spot on.

That's how my rifle should perform and never ever in a million years would have thought the internals were swimming around every time i fired the rifle as it made no noise nor any indicating that there was something wrong until you told me what to do and look for.

Nice one Reeves top man ......and yes I will be taking off the silencer to clean from now on. Happy new Year Reeves and well done on the new AWT silencers they are extremely quiet and got to be one of the best silencers around.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 09-01-2010 at 09:09 AM.
    I'm forever blowing "Bubbles"

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    Cheers neil.
    pound shop .big box , been doing this for years

why does cleaning barrels damage barrels with say pull through and cloth ?

Using a pullthroug can wear the crown when you pull the string accross it, usually on the same side.