Thread: Walther CP99 Compact (Some help)

Walther CP99 Compact (Some help)

I there, this is my first post here and hopefully the first of many.
    I start to be interested in air guns very recently and after some days of web search, I have bout a Walther CP99 Compact.
    I would like to have a general opinion from those you have this gun or know about it.
    Some questions I have for start like, can I fire “gamo round lead ammo” without damage the gun or something?
    I am using daisy quick silver BB´s. Are they ok?
    Witch is normally the max range you can shoot with this gun?
    How many shoot’s per CO2 cartridge normally you reach.

Thanks in advance

Alex

PS: Sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by sshotter; 08-09-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Hi Alex and welcome to the BBS, The CP99 Compact is a fun little plinker especially the blowback feature, it prefers Steel BB's though lead and copper can be used, avoid putting in odd shaped lead balls as this will jam the mag. You should get around 80 shot's per Co2 though that can vary alot.

Hope this helps in some way.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

When I had one I really struggled to get consisten groups at all. I also found that as the CO2 ran out it quite often failed to blowback enough to prepare the next shot.

However it was great funto shoot. I used to collect all my train tickets duringthe week, tape a cocktail stick to each one them stick them in the grass all overthe garden. See how fast I could get a hit on each one.