Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postal Police Pistol

BigEars Guest

Postal Police Pistol

Anyone want to shoot a postal Police Pistol comp over the winter with our club's pistol section? We also do steel plate.

There must be someone out there shooting this discipline....anyone? .....please?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Sounds like fun! But I don't know how I'd go about it. My range (I'm in the US) doesn't even ALLOW air guns - if you can imagine that - - and there's not much of a set-up I could do in my back yard. Maybe firing my Umarex Smith, fast, at a silhouette target at 6 yards to 10 meters?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

What does this discipline involve?
    Is there a link that explains more? I've found this...
    http://www.eohc.ca/ppc.asp
    Would it be rescaled for Air pistol?
    Last edited by Ranyhyn; 08-09-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: more info

Police Pistol 1 competition

Hi Guys,
    Good to see someone interersted in Police Pistol competition. We used to shoot this competition at my club (Bishops Stortford Rifle Club) back in the days when we could have revolvers. It didn't catch on and I ended up being the only one shooting with a Co2 pistol whilst the others used Ruger .22 and lever action rifles which wasn't very competitive. It was a competition set up for a six shot revolver. I have since tried modifying the competition for Co2 pistols with 8 shot magazines. It is shot in 3 practices and the last two you shoot when the target makes 2 second appearances (we shoot at electronic turning targets) so it is a bit difficult shooting it at home when all you probably have is a stop watch. It's even more difficult if you can't get someone else to do the timing whilst you shoot. Having said that, you can have some fun shooting it. I have the course of fire and targets (sorry, not PC ones as they are in the shape of a villain with a gun) that can be printed at A4 size if anyone wants to PM me with their email address I'll copy them over on an email.
    Regards,
    Nick

BigEars Guest
    We shoot at an A4 size bullseye target on a turning frame. We use mostly Rohm multishots but some folk shoot with S&W CO2 or similar.

Course of fire
    Twelve shots in 2 minutes at 20m
    Two lots of six shots at 15m with the target edged for 7 secs then exposed for 3 secs
    Three sets of "double taps" at 7m with a 3 sec exposure.

Max score 300.

Anyone interested? We can work up a protocol for dealing with target validation and our club spreadsheet geek will log the scores.

PM me if interested, we have 5 people shooting this discipline at present.

I'd like to participate! But I have only maybe 12 meters of range length in my back yard, and no electronics.

Maybe we could work something out where those without proper facilities could be shoot-for-fun-only participants?

I'd be in no danger of winning anyway!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I like the sound of this
    I also want to get into IPAS. A mate of mine has the gear to start, but its getting it all sorted thats the problem.

I'll have a copy of the Targets though PM on way

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Ppc

We shoot PPC and have two banks of turning targets. Currently 1st stage is at 10 metres because the targets are on a 25 metre range but unfortunately set up 10 metres from the final backstop. We could get 15 metres for the 1st stage.
    There is a good strong following here and growing all the time.
    So for our five pence worth. If you can consider 15 metre Ist stage. We will be well up for a national postal.
    I guess standardisation of targets is the first obstacle for you to tackle, and the size will presumably depend on the longest range chosen.
    Any way we would welcome a standardised format for a postal comp. very much.
    Good luck with the organising. Will watch the thread with interest.
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

When do you do it? Is it at the outdoor club I came upto a while ago? Wouldn't mind popping up sor a go sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    I like the sound of this
    I also want to get into IPAS. A mate of mine has the gear to start, but its getting it all sorted thats the problem.

I'll have a copy of the Targets though PM on way

Tony
    I say we go for it, Tony! You're interested, so am I, and Jan will be. All we need is a repeater air pistol and 10 yards of space.

Jim

Targets

Tony

Do you have targets? Could you pm me a copy if so?
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

What would be the ranges involved? Bearing in mind most of us are working at the +/- 2 ft/lb mark.
    Any one got a simple design for a turning target? possibly mechanical?
    After all its a case of rotating a target through only 90 degrees on the vertical plane. The designs I've googled seem very high tech and the wiring diagram alone sent my brain into melt down.
    There must be a simple version that uses 2 pulley wheels, a rope and a lever?
    And a steam engine?

I think our club would be interested, we have 35 metres and turning targets at Fareham.
    Regards
    Bob

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by P30man View Post
    I think our club would be interested, we have 35 metres and turning targets at Fareham.
    That's just what we want to hear , email me if you need info about the targets / course of fire etc. We can agree a process for validating the scores. At present one of us retains targets for inspection, no one shoots alone and targets are countersigned by the member who checks it.

A bit of competition makes turning up at our freezing barn all winter worthwhile.

regards
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post

A bit of competition makes turning up at our freezing barn all winter worthwhile.

regards
    Alan
    You have a freezing barn all winter, wow wish i had one

Sorry, couldnt resist
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)