Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Septembers U.B.C Competition & Side Shoot Results

Smile Single!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Any thing is possible

If the gun feel's right in your hand it will improve your scores.
    You already mentioned your scores have improved now its just a case of practice, practice, practice and I am sure you'll get there

Jan, do you fire it single or double action?

Tony
    I even fire my cartridge guns single action. I like to have the control that the single action provides.

However, I understand that there is a Police Pistol Competition coming up, where I will need to fire double action, so I will be practicing.

This is a fun sport, because I am really competing against myself, and if I improve, then that is good. If I don't beat anyone, it doesn't matter, because I am not as experienced as all of you.

Jan
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan McArthur View Post
    I won't be showing off if I don't improve my score - rather I will be hiding my face in shame!!

Jan
    I don't bother hiding now with my scores I'm used to it .Why do you think I always wear camo
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Why do you think I always wear camo

Because...

...All together now, boys..

Under my CAMO exterior I have feelings you know

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Because...

...All together now, boys..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pad. E
    Under my CAMO exterior I have feelings you know

Ha ha

just you wait & see your scores on the next months score sheet
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    How do you find the WEIGHT of it, Jon? One-handed, that is?

Jim
    The HW70 certainly feels light to me in both one and two-handed holds, I didn't realise it was 10oz heavier than the P3/HW40. It's not so much the weight, but the narrowness and hollow feel of the grip that I think makes it difficult to keep stable one-handed. Trigger control is also harder than with the HW40, due to both the inferiority of the trigger mechanism and the lack of an ergonomic grip. Still, it's a lot more fun to use and when you put in a good group it's a lot more satisfying.

I too wish the HW40 was a bit heavier, especially at the muzzle. I might have a go at adding some weight...

Jon

I don't bother hiding now with my scores I'm used to it .Why do you think I always wear camo
    Great idea!!

Maybe I'll try hiding from all the students who come to my office by wearing camo. Do you think it will work?
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The HW70 certainly feels light to me in both one and two-handed holds, I didn't realise it was 10oz heavier than the P3/HW40. It's not so much the weight, but the narrowness and hollow feel of the grip that I think makes it difficult to keep stable one-handed. Trigger control is also harder than with the HW40, due to both the inferiority of the trigger mechanism and the lack of an ergonomic grip. Still, it's a lot more fun to use and when you put in a good group it's a lot more satisfying.

I too wish the HW40 was a bit heavier, especially at the muzzle. I might have a go at adding some weight...

Jon
    Hmm....maybe I better just go the whole route and get an HW 45.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Ah, I wouldn't do that, Jim. If you want size, power and recoil you have access to many fine cartridge pistols. My comments on the grip & one-handed use might just be down to me or my shooting technique (or lack thereof). The HW70 is still a great gun. It's a lot easier to shoot accurately than the HW45 and a lot more user-friendly and fun on long plinking sessions too, despite its flaws. Is there any way you can try before you buy?

What it really needs is a custom grip. I think someone on here did a good one a little while ago

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Hmm....maybe I better just go the whole route and get an HW 45.

Jim
    Come on Jim the answer is simple, buy Jan a HW45 for her birthday.

You get a new gun to shoot and a present for your lovely wife.

Jan don't read this it's a surprise.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.