• Yes & Proud of it I fire it regularly

4 14.29%
  • Yes I do, but wont admit it!

4 14.29%
  • I had one and quickly got shut of it

8 28.57%
  • Would'nt touch one with a barge pole

7 25.00%
  • I have one and am an expert Marksman with it ;-)

2 7.14%
  • I had one bought for me and am obliged to keep it

3 10.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do You own a G10

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon View Post
    When Abu Hamza, AKA The Hook was jailed for his activities at that mosque a photo was published showing what the police found in his stash there. It included two G10's! If this wasnt daft enough in the "seriously armed maniac " stakes the TV news kept referring to them as two "blank firing pistols" capable of being turned into "real" guns!

Perhaps the best illlustration to date of how the police and media presentation of gun issues is totally squ--whiffed.

I had a G10, was dismayed the BBs couldnt penetrate a paper target at ten feet and got rid of it.

Last year I bought another for my collection. A "silver" G2000. Actually its finish resembles that once found on heavy metal office equipment. The Internet boy-dealer had taken my money for a nickel-plated one. That ban on internet sales certainly put a lot of crooks out of business!

The gun is an enigma. utterly awful. Yet legendary and a few years back used to be damn expensive when new.
    I've got one from 1978, stripped down awaiting rebuild, can't get dealers to order parts for me (not worth their time coz it's a cheap gun!), and the incredibly stupid VCR restrictions on spare parts means I can't order direct. Pants gun, but has sentimental value to me (late father bought it).

As to the thread, they have turned up a few times on those Police programs you see on the Bravo channel (coz they look real I guess). Wouldn't pay any attention to the media though, they spout off the most outrageous Brolaaks these days....

Quote Originally Posted by johnyjohnjonno View Post
    it was the first air pistol i ever shot , i used to shoot it in my dads garage when i went over there , i was about 9 years old.
    still keep meaning to get one just for the nostalgic value
    john

The first shooting I did was age 16 with my 6th form on trips to Calshot sports centre. Rimfire or centrefire ( I can't rememer which ) rifles. But once or twice the range was unavailable and we went on to air-pistols. i have since wanted to get one of the same type. But I cannot be sure what it was. German or Austrian. Break barrel. Wood or fake wood chassis. I got into my head they were Steyr made, but I don't know if they ever produced air guns. That may have been confusion to do with my mothers moped ( a Steyr-putsch )!

Loads of guns fit the description. So my first remains a mystery. But the first one I owned, my parents bought me, was a Gat. Used to the "proper" gun I found that hard to get excited about! Ungrateful teenager innit!

crap

i had one in 94,,,crap....buy a gat gun ,least theyre british