Thread: Premier Reticles Leupold Saga

submariner Guest

Premier Reticles Leupold Saga

11 days later and the damaged [on delivery] scope is still lying idle at UPS's Abingdon Depot!
    The carrier, UPS has asked for delivery instructions from the supplier Pemier, the supplier alledgedly has asked the carrier to 'ask me the customer [again] to accept the damaged goods and pay for them'! Does that mean I should pay twice for damaged goods!

Premier are still insisting that they told UPS to ship the goods back to them.

Premier won't send me a replacement until they have seen & 'inspected' the damaged goods.

I have repeatedly asked for a replacement to be sent immediately. No joy there, at first Premier said they would only repair it if UPS agreed to pay for the repair, not replace it!

Then they said that they had only suggested to repair it, as there is a shortage of big scopes because of Iraq. However, when I then personally arranged with Leupold directly [Leupold have been great by the way], that Premier could immediately get a new replacement (for my scope ) provided Premier asked for one, they won't even confirm wether they took up this kind offer, and since then no more comments are forthcoming regarding the 'instant' replacement request, that I have made on 3 seperate occaisions.

Despite pointing out to them that if their own carrier has confirmed to them that the scope was damaged on reciept, that should be sufficient, as logically the carrier is the most unlikely organisation on the planet to verify any damage; as they could potentially be held liable for it.

I am still just getting the same stock response 'we can only do something after we have seen it' and won't discuss what the options/rules are.

So basically I think I've been stuffed.

I guess my only hope is that one day in the distant future I will get the same dogy 'tarted up' scope back, repaired instead of the perfect ultimate new Optic I thought I was investing in.

So buyers do beware, and definitely use a credit card not an Amex charge card; so you are covered by the Consumer credit Act.

More importantly before you send them an order ask yourself are you happy to go up to a roulette wheel and slap down £1,000 when all the numberS are 1.

Naturally I am magnanimous enough to publicly apologies if Premier send me a new replacement.

But I am not holding my breath!
    Last edited by submariner; 04-06-2004 at 11:55 PM.

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    Try getting your scope back from the courier and then try dealing with Leupold direct.

jonh Guest
    Have you e-mailed the URLs to the threads on this to Premier?

Maybe they would react to the bad publicity by sorting this out for you?

Just a thought.

Cheers
    Jon

Guesty Guest
    Uh oh, this sounds like bad news.

I was considering ordering a Leupold Mark 4 from Premier Reticles, with the Gen 2 Mildot conversion, but this thread has got me rethinking.
    I am disappointed that they seem to not be interested in helping you with the problem.

Good luck,

Guesty.

To be fair it is not premiers problem.Its the carriers, They damaged it. Ask yourself... would you send a replacement £1000 scope halfway around the globe without seeing the damaged one first, thought So.....!!!! .
    I have had dealings with dick thomas at premier and have had no problems at all with their service.I currently have two 20-50's on order with them and last year brought a Boosted MK4, A friend recently had a #27 reticle fitted in his Mk4 with no problems.carrier or otherwise.
    I think sub has been very unlucky with the damage caused by the carrier's and to be fair I would be tearing walls down by now. good luck on your claim.

chris
    http://www.eastdevonftc.co.uk

On a break from FT.

Darren Petts Guest
    Yes it's the carriers fault or at least appears to be so BUT only the sender can claim against the carrier. Premier don't seem to be making great efforts to get this returned to them so they can persue a claim. I wouldn't expect them to do anything until they have inspected the returned unit but once they've confirmed it's damaged they should get a replacement on it's way and persue the claim against the carrier to recover the money for repair/replacement of the original. Waiting until a claim is settled is not on. I have looked on their site a number of times and often been close to making a purchase. Unless they make a positive effort on this case though I'll not bother in future. There's plenty of good scopes and suppliers about.

A bit of bad luck there Peter, the onus is on UPS but unless some stiff words are spoken to them they will probably hang on to it.
    PR are usually very good.
    There may be other scope producers out there but none offer performance and optical quality like PR.
    Regret already disposing of my PR Mark 4 this week.

submariner Guest
    I WOULD JUST LIKE TO STATE THAT UPS HAVE BEEN MOST COURTEOUS, PROFESSIONAL AND INFORMATIVE, WITHOUT THEIR HELP I WOULD BE TOTALLY STUFFED.

AND I DO NOT THINK IT IS ALL THEIR FAULT.

I WITHOLD JUDGEMENT ON PREMIER RETICLES UNTIL I SEE A NEW REPLACEMENT.
    Last edited by submariner; 05-06-2004 at 12:03 AM.