Thread: Premier Reticles Leupold Saga

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    submariner Guest

Premier Reticles Leupold Saga

11 days later and the damaged [on delivery] scope is still lying idle at UPS's Abingdon Depot!
    The carrier, UPS has asked for delivery instructions from the supplier Pemier, the supplier alledgedly has asked the carrier to 'ask me the customer [again] to accept the damaged goods and pay for them'! Does that mean I should pay twice for damaged goods!

Premier are still insisting that they told UPS to ship the goods back to them.

Premier won't send me a replacement until they have seen & 'inspected' the damaged goods.

I have repeatedly asked for a replacement to be sent immediately. No joy there, at first Premier said they would only repair it if UPS agreed to pay for the repair, not replace it!

Then they said that they had only suggested to repair it, as there is a shortage of big scopes because of Iraq. However, when I then personally arranged with Leupold directly [Leupold have been great by the way], that Premier could immediately get a new replacement (for my scope ) provided Premier asked for one, they won't even confirm wether they took up this kind offer, and since then no more comments are forthcoming regarding the 'instant' replacement request, that I have made on 3 seperate occaisions.

Despite pointing out to them that if their own carrier has confirmed to them that the scope was damaged on reciept, that should be sufficient, as logically the carrier is the most unlikely organisation on the planet to verify any damage; as they could potentially be held liable for it.

I am still just getting the same stock response 'we can only do something after we have seen it' and won't discuss what the options/rules are.

So basically I think I've been stuffed.

I guess my only hope is that one day in the distant future I will get the same dogy 'tarted up' scope back, repaired instead of the perfect ultimate new Optic I thought I was investing in.

So buyers do beware, and definitely use a credit card not an Amex charge card; so you are covered by the Consumer credit Act.

More importantly before you send them an order ask yourself are you happy to go up to a roulette wheel and slap down £1,000 when all the numberS are 1.

Naturally I am magnanimous enough to publicly apologies if Premier send me a new replacement.

But I am not holding my breath!
    Last edited by submariner; 04-06-2004 at 11:55 PM.