Thread: Check out "Postal Police Competition"....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Check out "Postal Police Competition"....

...in the "Target / Competition" section.

While it looks at first glance to require more complicated equipment than we have: I believe we UBC mates can come up with a simple and fun course of fire, that would require no more in the way of space, guns, or targets than we're already using!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Nobody interested?

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim,
    I'm very interested
    Ive asked for and received the rules and targets.
    Just need to figure out how to get the mechanical stuff together to turn the targets

How were you thinking of implementing it?

ATB
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I'm thinking turning targets = way too complicated for us! More like "count to three slowly as you raise pistol and fire: count to seven slowly as you lower pistol and pause between shots...:... repeat...": as your firing sequence.

We'd also need to make it closer ranges: 10, 7, 5, or 7, 5, 3 yards as the distances involved.

The harder we make it, the fewer will participate.

Jim

Mates, I really believe we can do this! Anyone with a repeater air pistol, something to mount a target on a couple feet off the ground, and 10 yards of space, should be able to participate.

I'm going for it! Tony's interested, and I know Jan will be also. Let's do it!

Jim

Stayed tuned for further details!

Jim