Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Check out "Postal Police Competition"....

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    some of us want to go to bed, before our wives fall asleep.
    You on a promise?

wish I was

Jim will be driving thru traffic on his way home from the office.

Tony

How sad are we all, p at this un eartly hour awaiting our scores?
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Jeez, no rush then.

This thread is beggining to give the "Gang" thread a run for its money

(I'm just trying to catch Paddy's post quantity)

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

OK, here are the November scores!

Sorry, mates: I've been out of computer contact until now.

PADDY: Good points there about posting: but as everyone is very anxious, here goes, here and now, and then we'll worry about posting the scores elsewhere.

All scoring is OPEN SIGHT unless otherwise mentioned.

####################################

The coveted WOODEN SPOON goes to my very own JAN, who scored a 202 with her Crosman Python .357 and H&N wadcutters.

She was closely on the heels of MIKEB, who scored 205 with his Beretta 92 FS, and RWS Hobby pellets.

Then came MIKEB again, with a 210, with a Colt 1911 Dark Ops, using RWS Hobby pellets.

CRABBET comes in the next slot, scoring 215 with his Walther PPK/s and Gamo round balls.

PHANTOM SNIPER TONY's up next, having scored 220 with his Gamo R-77 with Gamo lead balls. (Middle class stuff, those Gamo pellets, what?

Then, PHANTOM SNIPER decides to do his own self one better, and shoots a score of 227 with his trusty Crosman Python .357 and Webley
    (I love that great old gun name! Harrier pellets.

RUBBERHUBBY GARY decides he wants some of this action, and scores a 232 with his WC 300 firing 4.5 BBs.

And then, PHANTOM SNIPER decides that he can do better than that, so off he pops a 238 with his Gamo P-23 using Gamo lead balls.

Tony decides now to give it a rest, and let MIKEB have another shot at it: so MIKE one-ups Tony with a 251, using his Walther pistol, pairing it with a Walther Top Point Red Dot sight, and RWS Hobby pellets.

Then they all decide that it might be nice to have the match organizer have a shoot, so JIM (me) moved a notch ahead of Mike with a score of 252, using my Umarex Smith .357 with H&N Wadcutter pellets.

CRABBET STEPHEN comes back and tells me I'm no contender: and proves me right with a score of 255, with his Zastava GP 45 with Bisley Practice pellets.

PHANTOM SNIPER says to Crabbet, "You're no medalist either mate!", and cuts the Crabbers' gullet with a score of 261 with his Walther CP 99 and D&N Geco's.

And now....the excitement starts building, do you feel it?

Taking the BRONZE: it's 38THFOOT TONY, with his Umarex Beretta 92FS and RWS pellets, scoring 262.

SILVER goes to October's Gold-Man, PHILG, shooting his whopping 8 inch Umarex Smith, topped off with a Weaver Quick Point Red Dot (at 3X the cost of the pistol!), scoring 274

and the big winner is....

Our own fearless founder COOKIE!!! Cookie takes top honors with his CP 99 with Laser sight and H&N Match K's (maybe I'll give them a try, Cookie! and a winning score of - can you BELIEVE this? - 284!!!

################################*

A pattern I can see emerging : the optical sight users kick azz!

Think ye 'tis time to form separate sections for optical and open sights?

I hope everyone shooting had as much fun as I did! Thanks to all, congrats to our top 3, and let's get ready for December.

Your PP Manager,

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 18-11-2008 at 12:38 AM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Cookie beat me, so did the newcommer!!!! AAAAArrrrrghhhhhhhh

Crabbet, what was that you said again, "Whoop whoooooooose assssss"

Well done Jim and to all who entered

Must get my Lazer n red dots sorted for next month

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    If you are in the top three, I'm going to be gutted!

Brilliant comp, loved the double-tap. Can I change my UBC handle to double-tap?
    Hope your not too gutted Mike

I have changed you tag-line fella, actually changed it twice, the second one is a lot cleaner than the first.

Well guys what can i say, thank god Snooper wasn't shooting.

Well done to Both Phil and Tony, that's some good shooting guy's, I think the Laser just gave me the edge.

Loved the comp, can't wait for the next one, though i have a lot to live upto now. Only got the CP99 a week ago, i had almost forgotten how good they are.

Thanks Jim for organising it, and of course a big thank you to everyone who took part and made it a whole lotta fun.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post

Not necessarily this time.

Well done Cookie!

So optical sights have the edge then!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Cookie beat me, so did the newcommer!!!! AAAAArrrrrghhhhhhhh

Well done Jim and to all who entered

Must get my Lazer n red dots sorted for next month

Tony
    Sorry Tony, what can i say fella.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Sorry Tony, what can i say fella.
    R E V E N G E Will be mine, oh yes! one day it will be mine.... (muttering like the loon thai I am)

Yes Jim, I loved it

Cant wait for the next one. Practice is needed for me though, now the guns are comming out in force

Many thanks Jim

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

284 is pretty damn tight.

Well guy's .....

..... & Crabbet

Its 20 past yesterday and I'm off for sleepies.

G'night All

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

My gosh, don't you UK guys sleep? Or are you all just overcome with excitement awaiting the scores?

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    My gosh, don't you UK guys sleep? Or are you all just overcome with excitement awaiting the scores?

Jim
    Night Tony, Yes Jim I think you could be right, Good Night all, off to bed with sweet dreams of CP99's and laser sights, Oh yes, whose the Daddy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post

So optical sights have the edge then!

They do seem to! We had 15 cards submitted by 9 diffferent shooters. Only 3 cards were shot with optical sights (2 red dots, 1 lazer), and those cards scored first, second, and seventh.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Sorry, mates: I've been out of computer contact until now.

PADDY: Good points there about posting: but as everyone is very anxious, here goes, here and now, and then we'll worry about posting the scores elsewhere.

All scoring is OPEN SIGHT unless otherwise mentioned.

####################################

The coveted WOODEN SPOON goes to my very own JAN, who scored a 202 with her Crosman Python .357 and H&N wadcutters.

She was closely on the heels of MIKEB, who scored 205 with his Beretta 92 FS, and RWS Hobby pellets.

Then came MIKEB again, with a 210, with a Colt 1911 Dark Ops, using RWS Hobby pellets.

CRABBET comes in the next slot, scoring 215 with his Walther PPK/s and Gamo round balls.

PHANTOM SNIPER TONY's up next, having scored 220 with his Gamo R-77 with Gamo lead balls. (Middle class stuff, those Gamo pellets, what?

Then, PHANTOM SNIPER decides to do his own self one better, and shoots a score of 227 with his trusty Crosman Python .357 and Webley
    (I love that great old gun name! Harrier pellets.

RUBBERHUBBY GARY decides he wants some of this action, and scores a 232 with his WC 300 firing 4.5 BBs.

And then, PHANTOM SNIPER decides that he can do better than that, so off he pops a 238 with his Gamo P-23 using Gamo lead balls.

Tony decides now to give it a rest, and let MIKEB have another shot at it: so MIKE one-ups Tony with a 251, using his Walther pistol, pairing it with a Walther Top Point Red Dot sight, and RWS Hobby pellets.

Then they all decide that it might be nice to have the match organizer have a shoot, so JIM (me) moved a notch ahead of Mike with a score of 252, using my Umarex Smith .357 with H&N Wadcutter pellets.

CRABBET STEPHEN comes back and tells me I'm no contender: and proves me right with a score of 255, with his Zastava GP 45 with Bisley Practice pellets.

PHANTOM SNIPER says to Crabbet, "You're no medalist either mate!", and cuts the Crabbers' gullet with a score of 261 with his Walther CP 99 and D&N Geco's.

And now....the excitement starts building, do you feel it?

Taking the BRONZE: it's 38THFOOT TONY, with his Umarex Beretta 92FS and RWS pellets, scoring 262.

SILVER goes to October's Gold-Man, PHILG, shooting his whopping 8 inch Umarex Smith, topped off with a Weaver Quick Point Red Dot (at 3X the cost of the pistol!), scoring 274

and the big winner is....

Our own fearless founder COOKIE!!! Cookie takes top honors with his CP 99 with Laser sight and H&N Match K's (maybe I'll give them a try, Cookie! and a winning score of - can you BELIEVE this? - 284!!!

################################*

A pattern I can see emerging : the optical sight users kick azz!

Think ye 'tis time to form separate sections for optical and open sights?

I hope everyone shooting had as much fun as I did! Thanks to all, congrats to our top 3, and let's get ready for December.

Your PP Manager,

Jim

I've put the scores on the U.B.C Competition Site & last months scores aswell

>HERE<

However it will be hard to keep a tally a the leader board as there the same people using different guns in one category.

Regards
    Paddy.

p.s better get back to work, or I'll get a bolloking
    BE-HAPPY-OK