Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Check out "Postal Police Competition"....

Target and paper

Hi Jim.
    Could you please confirm the target? Or is it already on the ubc site?

I'm also having paper/card issues........could any one recommend the right grade/type that holes well. I had a load of card place mats that punched perfectly that I photocopied on the back of. However I've used them all up and nothing else seems to be as clean, it tears.

Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Hi Jim.

I'm also having paper/card issues........could any one recommend the right grade/type that holes well. I had a load of card place mats that punched perfectly that I photocopied on the back of. However I've used them all up and nothing else seems to be as clean, it tears.

Anybody?

Hi, should be posting #24 on this thread,
    Good luck, Phil

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Hi Jim, how yer doing?

Can I put my name down for the comp?

Starting first round 11 Oct ?

Do you want cards witnessed?

atb Phil
    I'm doing great, Phil! Chuffed about the competition and hope you are also!

Yes, I'd be proud to have you as one of the competitors. It's strictly honor system: no witnesses needed, no target scanning, just tell me your score and the gun you used, via PM to capnwilliam@yahoo.com . I'll then post the scores to the list, after the competition closes.

October 11 is when it all starts!

Cheers,

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim.

Anybody?
    Target is shown on message # 24 in this Thread, Crabbet, and the rules are in messages # 38 (appropriate number, what? and 39.

I just print out my targets on looseleaf - not a very good target material - but I like to use staff cardboard as a backing, if I can find any. I like to save cardbord boxes and cut them down to size.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Target Card/Paper Issues

Hi Crabbet
    Have a look at the right hand column of the homepage of http://www.targetbunny.btik.com. Not as comprehensive as I would have liked but the best I have at present.
    Best stuff I found was the A3 size desk pads/blotters given away by reps to offices. Just make certain that it's the blotter type since the paper consistency is more porous and punches better. However these are hard to come by in sufficient quantity to be a serious contender, but, if you find any, grab them.
    Another answer is to back the sheet with an old cereal box or the plastic version of corrugated cardboard. There will be plenty of the latter around where the estate agents are closing up.
    Always ensure that the target is held firmly and that you are shooting at it as near to 90 degrees to the paper as possible.
    Last, and this is the one you will probably like least, change to a flat headed wadcutter pellet or a hollow point with a front lip like the Bisley field.
    Sorry for the lecture,
    Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Hi Crabbet
    Change to a flat headed wadcutter pellet or a hollow point with a front lip like the Bisley field.
    Sorry for the lecture,
    Target Bunny
    Hi TB
    Ahead of the game....... I'll be picking up some Geco Hobby flat heads, the quality is good in the consistency of skirt size and they are short enough to get 6 in the Zastava mag!
    Thanks for the blotting paper advice. I'll have a look out and give it a go.

Competition starts this weekend!

And continues through next weekend! Full details in Postings # 38 and 39 in this Thread: target available in Posting # 24.

Everyone welcome! All you need to compete is a repeating air pistol, 6 yards of space, a target and anything to hang it on.

Good luck to all, and may the best (UBC) boy win!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Target available in Posting # 24.

Jim
    Also available on the dedicated ubc site

www.umarexboysclub.co.uk

on the Police Pistol page along with the rules.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Thanks, Tony!

Jim

Ouch That hurt

Well,I'm so glad we get a week at this
    I decided to put my Viper Holster on my Utility belt and get some Draw technique practise in

I'm still a bit on the large side so needed to adjust the buckle to get a decent fit of the belt (aint paying the silly prices for the extension to the belt). It needed putting into the grab section of the belt

Being thick nylon, I needed to put a lil ole pressure on it with a tool. My tool of choice for this task would normally be a flat bladed scredriver
    I didnt have one to hand so grabbed a Phillips that was nearby

Ouch thing went through the nylon belt and embeded itself inside the knuckle joint of my trigger finger on my left hand

Luckily I am right handed, but as I pulled the implement out whilst gritting my teeth, I felt the tendon twang back into place and all of a sudden I felt quite I'll.

For such a small hole the pain was unbearable. I've cleaned the wound and my tetnus is up to date etc, but i find typing one handed very awkward Hope to get my scores in tomorrow Jim

ATB
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

ouch indeed! ughh!
    I've been re profiling the adjustable rear sight on my ppk this evening,
    Going to shoot some practice rounds tomorrow and see how I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Well,I'm so glad we get a week at this
    I decided to put my Viper Holster on my Utility belt and get some Draw technique practise in

I'm still a bit on the large side so needed to adjust the buckle to get a decent fit of the belt (aint paying the silly prices for the extension to the belt). It needed putting into the grab section of the belt

Being thick nylon, I needed to put a lil ole pressure on it with a tool. My tool of choice for this task would normally be a flat bladed scredriver
    I didnt have one to hand so grabbed a Phillips that was nearby

Ouch thing went through the nylon belt and embeded itself inside the knuckle joint of my trigger finger on my left hand

Luckily I am right handed, but as I pulled the implement out whilst gritting my teeth, I felt the tendon twang back into place and all of a sudden I felt quite I'll.

For such a small hole the pain was unbearable. I've cleaned the wound and my tetnus is up to date etc, but i find typing one handed very awkward Hope to get my scores in tomorrow Jim

ATB
    Tony
    Glad to see that you're working on your Fast Draw, Tony!

But, you don't need it for THIS comp: fast shooting, yes: fast draw, no, since "time" starts with the pistol in your hand.

Jim

ouch indeed! ughh!
    I've been re profiling the adjustable rear sight on my ppk this evening,
    Going to shoot some practice rounds tomorrow and see how I get on.
    I haven't had the chance to get out and shoot it yet myself, Crabbet: been "out", yes, but working in the yard.

I also am going to do a practice run first: I generally just shoot 5-10 rounds for a warm-up, but this competition is SO different, I want to do a complete practice run.

Jim

Know what you mean. It was meant to be raining here today so I'd intended to loose a few off; however they got it totally wrong as usual and it was a cracking day. Took my horse out for a stroll instead. Tomorrow is set fine so will ride out early and give the day a chance to warm up before I shoot.

How nice it must be to have a horse! Do you live in the country?

Jim