Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Check out "Postal Police Competition"....

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

And the winners are.....

Here are our scores for the first month (October) of the UBC's new Police Pistol Competition.

JAN McARTHUR's our "rear guard" this month. She scored 162, using a Crosman .357 and H&N wadcutter pellets. But she wasn't far behind....

CRABBET, who scored 169, using a Walther PPK/s and Gamo round lead balls.

CRABBET also entered with a Zastava, and scored 206 with the better pistol. Then came....

JIM McARTHUR, who scored 249 with a Smith 686 and H&N wadcutters: putting him right on the heels of...

PHANTOM SNIPER / TONY, who took the BRONZE with a score of 254 with his Crosman .357: coming in right on the heels of....

PHANTOM SNIPER / TONY himself once again, who took SILVER with a 266 using his Walther CP-99 with cheapie Webley Harrier pellets.

And the big winner is (hushed voices, edge of chair, drumroll,,,)

PHIL, taking the GOLD, with a top score of 275 with his Smith (8 inch barrel with Red Dot Sight).

Congrats to all, Lady and Gentlemen, for taking part. I hope everyone had as much fun with it as Jan and I did.

Let's all do it again in November, and let's get more participants.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Here are our scores for the first month (October) of the UBC's new Police Pistol Competition.

PHANTOM SNIPER / TONY, who took the BRONZE with a score of 254 with his Crosman .357: coming in right on the heels of....

PHANTOM SNIPER / TONY himself once again, who took SILVER with a 266 using his Walther CP-99 with cheapie Webley Harrier pellets.

PHIL, took the GOLD, with a top score of 275 with his Smith (8 inch barrel with Red Dot Sight).

Jim

Bummer! I thought I had it I'd convinced myself Gold was mine

Oh well, there's allways next month.

WELL done Phil Congrats to you

You comming to the meet on Saturday? If so please bring a large hammer for me to handi-cap your scores

Many; many thanks to JIM for organising the comp and compiling the scores.

And to everyone who took part, Thanks.

I really enjoyed this.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Bummer! I thought I had it I'd convinced myself Gold was mine

Oh well, there's allways next month.

WELL done Phil Congrats to you

You comming to the meet on Saturday? If so please bring a large hammer for me to handi-cap your scores

Many; many thanks to JIM for organising the comp and compiling the scores.

And to everyone who took part, Thanks.

I really enjoyed this.

Tony

I wish I were, but Saturday's my busiest day of the week repairing all the broken lawnmowers for the dumb gardeners (that's LCO's, Jim).

Good scores for all.

Can I offer 2 cents of advise?
    When you step up to the line to shoot be totally focused. Check the area is safe and when you start to shoot be totally blinkered. All your eye should see is the sights and the target. Everything else must be blocked out. It's only for a few seconds while you're breaking the shots. Be oblivious to anything else.

This is not irresponsible shooting. In the field you have to be aware of everything, but here we're shooting under controled conditions.

I was thinking as this comp is going on for a few months, maybe we could try and organise to get together for a shoulder to shoulder? Hey, even Jim & Jan could do with a spring break.

A big thanks to Jim for sorting out this comp.

Oh, one final thing, shoot it cold. Years ago I realised that if I had a practise card I could not focus enough. When you step up to the line the card you shoot has got to be good. The only thing I do is fire half a dozen shots into a back-stop just to make sure the pistol is functioning.

Good luck to all for the next round, I've already shot mine (smug git)

ps. watch Jan, she's the one who'll come forward.

atb Phil

Last edited by Phil G; 22-10-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Erm, I seem to have made a fundamental error in understanding the shoot. Please put me right! Cause I thought the maximum score was 240. ie 24 shots x 10 available points.
    2 x 6 shot strings
    1 x 6 shots individual raise fire lower
    1 x 6 shots double tap raise fire lower
    Where have I gone wrong? Thats why I thought I'd done ok - 206/240!
    Still immensely enjoyed it but feel a bit of a muppet now!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Erm, I seem to have made a fundamental error in understanding the shoot. Please put me right! Cause I thought the maximum score was 240. ie 24 shots x 10 available points.
    2 x 6 shot strings
    1 x 6 shots individual raise fire lower Shot twice = 12 rnds D'oh

Oh well, you could have had a 260 !

atb Phil

There's always next time......

Updated the UBC Site with a copy of my Silver award in the Police Pistol Section

So if you want one of these, best get entering for next month

For the time being there will only be a Gold, Silver & Bronze for the TOP three scores.

When more people enter, there may be "Scoring Bands" implemented

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

2 x 6 shot strings
    Looks like you forgot the first shoot: 1min 6shots, reload and a further 6shots!

MUPPET LOL

Still I'm glad you cocked up, you would have probably beaten me
    (Airgun Section)

2 x 6 shot strings
    Too bad, Crabbet

Yes, Stage 2 repeats - 12 rounds there - so with the 12 in Stage 1 and 12 again in Stage 3, there'syour 30 rounds, for a total possible maximum score of 300.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    I wish I were, but Saturday's my busiest day of the week repairing all the broken lawnmowers for the dumb gardeners (that's LCO's, Jim).

Good scores for all.

Can I offer 2 cents of advise?
    When you step up to the line to shoot be totally focused. Check the area is safe and when you start to shoot be totally blinkered. All your eye should see is the sights and the target. Everything else must be blocked out. It's only for a few seconds while you're breaking the shots. Be oblivious to anything else.

This is not irresponsible shooting. In the field you have to be aware of everything, but here we're shooting under controled conditions.

I was thinking as this comp is going on for a few months, maybe we could try and organise to get together for a shoulder to shoulder? Hey, even Jim & Jan could do with a spring break.

A big thanks to Jim for sorting out this comp.

Oh, one final thing, shoot it cold. Years ago I realised that if I had a practise card I could not focus enough. When you step up to the line the card you shoot has got to be good. The only thing I do is fire half a dozen shots into a back-stop just to make sure the pistol is functioning.

Good luck to all for the next round, I've already shot mine (smug git)

ps. watch Jan, she's the one who'll come forward.

atb Phil

Great advice all around, Phil.

Jim

Looks like you forgot the first shoot: 1min 6shots, reload and a further 6shots!

MUPPET LOL

Still I'm glad you cocked up, you would have probably beaten me
    It was on Stage 2 where Crabbet went wrong, Tony.

Jim

Updated the UBC Site with a copy of my Silver award in the Police Pistol Section

So if you want one of these, best get entering for next month

For the time being there will only be a Gold, Silver & Bronze for the TOP three scores.

When more people enter, there may be "Scoring Bands" implemented

Tony

And don't forget our Gold and Bronze winners, Tony.

Yes, when we get more entrants we're going to have scoring bands, like the regular UBC shoot. Might have different divisions, too, for Iron and Optical sights: maybe for Auto Pistols and Revolvers. (Even though we all know they're ALL revolvers).

Jim

Well Done Guy's

Well done to all who took part, and of course a BIG THANK YOU to Jim for taking the time to organise it. Sorry I missed the first ever PPC but will do my very best to shoot the next one.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    It was on Stage 2 where Crabbet went wrong, Tony.

Jim
    Yeah I noticed this morning

I was half asleep last night (well thats my excuse n i'm sticking to it)

Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Well done to all who took part, and of course a BIG THANK YOU to Jim for taking the time to organise it. Sorry I missed the first ever PPC but will do my very best to shoot the next one.

atvb

Jason
    And a big YOUR WELCOME right back at you, Cookie.

Jim