Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a movie star

I'm a movie star

He didn't ask, but some Yank has put one of my home movies up on YouTube as how NOT to fire a cannon

My humble cannon lark is now called Suicide with a Cannon, big safety messages keep flashing up on the screen

Perhaps I took a bit of a risk driving round the M25 with 1000 lbs of loose iron in the back of the car, but hey, I get a credit at the end

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=aes7tKAgRVw

If anyone has a YouTube subscription and can add a comment, please tell them I think it's wonderful and I am telling everyone to watch it

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Pardon my ignorance in these matters...

.... but it's a muzzle loader, just how are you supposed to load and fire it?
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

cant believe you never had a chrono atached to it ROBIN

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I mean no personal offense, Robin: but my wife and I are on a cannon crew, and we were taught:

- never stand in front of the muzzle

- expose as little of yourself to the muzzle for as short a period of time as possible. Stand to the side when worming or ramming or sponging. Try to use only one hand, and keep your thumb out of the way if possible.

- avoid using loose powder as primer. Never pour a charge directly from a powder flask or horn. Stand away from the piece when firing: using a linstock for ignition.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I mean no personal offense, Robin: but my wife and I are on a cannon crew, and we were taught:

- expose as little of yourself to the muzzle for as short a period of time as possible. Stand to the side when worming or ramming or sponging. Try to use only one hand, and keep your thumb out of the way if possible.

- avoid using loose powder as primer. Never pour a charge directly from a powder flask or horn. Stand away from the piece when firing: using a linstock for ignition.

Jim
    Damn right Jim!!!

I think Robin knows more than sufficient about black powder to stay alive folks
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Jim
    LOL Classic video Squire

Jim. If everyone was as sensible as that where would all the fun be . I'm sure Robins wife has an excellent life insurance policy stashed in the cupboard to cover any eventuality of her husbands strange obsession with black powder and rusty iron from an earlier time.

I must admit, I'd prefer a match with a longer handle though.

MArk

But now the video is gone..

Quote Originally Posted by moeggesit View Post
    But now the video is gone..
    Never mind, its back on You Tube.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I think Robin knows more than sufficient about black powder to stay alive folks
    Maybe so: but there were a lot of unsafe shooting practices shown on the video.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by evanjwm View Post
    Damn right Jim!!!
    Thanks, mate.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by foxshooter View Post
    LOL Classic video Squire

Jim. If everyone was as sensible as that where would all the fun be . I'm sure Robins wife has an excellent life insurance policy stashed in the cupboard to cover any eventuality of her husbands strange obsession with black powder and rusty iron from an earlier time.

I must admit, I'd prefer a match with a longer handle though.

MArk

Jim

when i saw this i thought might of known snotty was involved hes a pure mentalist
    www.derbytargets.com

ANYONE AFTER A CUSTOM TARGET HOLDER PLEASE PM ME...ALL TYPES MADE.

I have no experience firing cannons but all that did seem a little silly, I mean I wont stand in front of a non loaded air rifle let alone a cannon!

Still AWESOME video!
    PH6 Walnut Thumbhole .22

And they tell ya not to let kids play with fireworks

Barry
    "Now you wanna run around and talk about guns
    Like I ain't got none What you think I sold 'em all
    Cause I stay well off".

http://www.stmichaelsonline.com/

NRA Qualified RCO.

"Do you lick the lid of life ?"