Thread: Leaking

Leaking

Hi, both my CP88 and Colt 1911 Gold cup have started to leak and I was wondering if anyone knows of someone who could service these two?
    Also my Zastava GP45 semi-auto has given up the struggle for life and needs a complete re-seal (10 years in a serbian wearhouse will do that for you ) so any help with this would be appreciated as well.

Many thanks for any help

Stewart

Try a drop of Pellgunoil on the top of your Co2 capsules it may help seal it, a drop on every other capsule id a good habit to get into to stop the seals drying out.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hi Jason, I've tried that but the two Umarex pistols had not been used for a while (they were stored with some pelgun on) and are both several years old and it's probably just normal wear and tear as they were previously used a lot.

Cheers

Stewart

You might be lucky and it'll seal with a drop of oil but more likely the canister seal is worn or the CO2 valve has worked a little loose.

Try the oil first. If it's the valve that's leaking, try tightening it a fraction (you'll need to strip the pistol for that). If it's the canister seal, you can try making one yourself out of a suitable material.

I believe Umarex don't sell replacement valve components (I might be wrong) and you have to replace the whole valve - a call to Brocock will clarify this. I think they're about £50+.

I'll buy the 1911 off you if you can't get it going!

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I'll buy the 1911 off you if you can't get it going!
    And So will I

But before you sell ;try replacing the seals around the valve where the neck of the power bulb goes.

Speak to these guys
    http://www.gunspares.co.uk/default.asp

I spoke with a guy on the phone and he took me step by step through the site to verify the part I needed and then I ordered it
    Excellent customer service And most importantly He knew what I was talking about

ATB
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Yep I think it is the seal you are talking about. How easy are they to replace ?

The Gold Cup's not for sale it's luvlieee

Cheers

Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy lubnut View Post
    Yep I think it is the seal you are talking about. How easy are they to replace ?

The Gold Cup's not for sale it's luvlieee

Cheers

Stewart
    Not sure about the pistols you have, but I replaced my P23 seal (Probably the same seal looking at the diagrams, certainly the same valve system), and it took me all of 5 minutes to remove the old and replace with the new one. The seal cost me a couple of quid or three. The postage was the biggest cost at nearly £3.00.

ATB
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Chambers only want £20 for the valve?! Seems like a bargain.