Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airgun Fayre Sept. 14th

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)

Airgun Fayre Sept. 14th

As this hasn't been mentioned much lately, I was wondering many of you are going to the Airgun Fayre on Sunday Sept. 14th?
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

All being well, I will be going. I have a few items for sale.

Question airgun fayre

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphoon View Post
    All being well, I will be going. I have a few items for sale.
    where is that at fella?:

Big Bill
    BOINGING ALONG,SINGING A SONG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BEAUTIFUL BRINEY SEA

airgun fayre

Hi Purl
    It is at Groby, between the M1 and Leicester. Full details including map are posted in the Sticky (top of the posts in this section)
    ATB
    John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 05-09-2008 at 12:25 PM.
    hold me back !!

airgun fayre

Hi Paddy

I have just had a conversation with Gordon of T W Chambers and Co and he has also kindly offered to sponsor the competitions with some very nice prizes. I was delighted with his offer

We now have prizes from our forum sponsor J S Ramsbottom, from John Knibbs and now from T W Chambers, so please bring a few guns along to compete with

Jubilee air rifle club at York have also booked a table to sell guns and spares from and there are a few coming from their club to compete

We now have 13 tables with airgun items for sale

The list of sellers is as follows:

1 Myself, I have got about 12 guns for sale plus spares
    2 Serowman (Roger) who has also offered to help with the archery shoot
    3 Yourself
    4 Charlie (Rockphoon)
    5 CRX (Robin)
    6 Rob M
    7 El Maipino
    8 The bring and buy stall
    9 Archie(Phil) and Stan
    10 Jubilee ARPC
    11 Pete Dearden
    12 Edward
    13 Carl

The sales area is in our clubhouse

There are 5 airgun shoots/competitions arranged including:

1 20 yard air pistol with classes for spring pistol(recoiling), precharged and junior NSRA 20yd PL15 targets

2 20 yard sport rifle event with classes for springer with open sights, scoped rifle and junior. NSRA LSR PL14Targets

3 50 yard(any position), 2 classes pre and post war target competition using open sights/diopters only ( NSRA 50 yard targets) Sighter target provided

4 A silhouette wood shoot, at ranges up to 40 yards with classes for pre-charged, scoped springers, open sight springers and junior

5 Standing silhouette at ranges from 8 yards to 25 yards with classes for open sight springers and scoped guns

There will be a zeroing range next to the Standing Silhouette shoot with targets out to 40 yards (max range of woodland shoot)

The entry fees are low to encourage people to have a go and you can enter a competition using different guns in different classes if you have the energy

My main worry is the weather. So 3 of the above competitions will have covered firing points and if the weather is dreadful then we should be able to bring the standing silhoutte shoot under cover also

This would mean that you would only get wet in the woodland shoot, so it probably deserves the best prize

Roger(Serowman) will run an archery shoot in the afternoon also

Junior Classes are for youngsters under 16 years

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 06-09-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: another seller
    hold me back !!

Many thanks for the helpful info - I'm delighted to hear that both JSR and Chambers have agreed to sponsor the event!

I have yet to decide what to bring for sale. I'm concerned that if I announce the list in advance, I'll get swamped by PMs asking me to hold stuff back, which I'm not prepared to do because I do not want to get drawn into the condition debate. If someone likes what they see on the spot, they can buy it. If not, they can walk away. This is something that I feel cannot be satisfactorily dealt with by email or PM...

Items for sale

Hi Paddy

I quite agree with what what you say and Face to Face transactions take away some of the risk.

I have not sold any guns for some time, deliberately keeping them for the Fayre and Roger(Serowman) has done the same

The last rifles that I sold using the Postal Services cost a fortune to post off
    I always prefer to insure guns that I post and it can now easily cost in excess of £20 to post off a rifle and £8 for a pistol

If the rifle is only worth about £60 -£80, then this postal charge can be as much as a third of the guns value

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

An over Vacuumed cottage in NEWPORT Isle of Wight
    i wonder if there will be a nice cadet there for sale???

I hope to attend this event.

It will be nice to meet in person some of the friends and characters I have met on here.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

airgun fayre

turn right at groby wmc then left on the brow of the hill aquarter of amile on?

Big Bill
    BOINGING ALONG,SINGING A SONG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BEAUTIFUL BRINEY SEA

Quote Originally Posted by old brass View Post
    i wonder if there will be a nice cadet there for sale???
    I'm sure that could be arranged!

Just remind me... What's the address of the venue?

Hi Lads,
    Sounds like a good day out,
    I am 99.9% sure of coming and may have the odd rifle and pistol for sale, more to the point it would be nice to meet the other lads on here and to have the crack with some other like-minded air rifle nut jobs. The fun shoots sound like very good fun.

If anyone is thinking of going from the Barnsley area, feel free to car share with me, send a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    Just remind me... What's the address of the venue?
    Hi Rob
    The cut and pasted links don't appear to work so I will cut and paste directions/location direct from the flyer
    John

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Our Small Bore/Airgun Club Ranges can be found near Groby (in the Dowry Hill Quarries, on the Newtown Linford Road) next to Groby Pool.

A few miles from Jct 22 of M1 Just ‘Google’ LE6 0EA

Leave the M1 at Junction 22 ~ follow the A50 towards Leicester {watch out for the cameras ~ straight on at the first roundabout ~ straight on at the next roundabout ~ through the traffic lights ~ take the next slip road on your left ~ turn right at the T-junction and within 50 yds you’ll find the ranges are on your left, before the LH bend !!!!

John
    hold me back !!