Thread: Airgun Fayre Sept. 14th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)

Airgun Fayre Sept. 14th

As this hasn't been mentioned much lately, I was wondering many of you are going to the Airgun Fayre on Sunday Sept. 14th?
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

All being well, I will be going. I have a few items for sale.

Question airgun fayre

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphoon View Post
    All being well, I will be going. I have a few items for sale.
    where is that at fella?:

Big Bill
    BOINGING ALONG,SINGING A SONG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BEAUTIFUL BRINEY SEA

airgun fayre

Hi Purl
    It is at Groby, between the M1 and Leicester. Full details including map are posted in the Sticky (top of the posts in this section)
    ATB
    John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 05-09-2008 at 12:25 PM.
    hold me back !!

airgun fayre

Hi Paddy

I have just had a conversation with Gordon of T W Chambers and Co and he has also kindly offered to sponsor the competitions with some very nice prizes. I was delighted with his offer

We now have prizes from our forum sponsor J S Ramsbottom, from John Knibbs and now from T W Chambers, so please bring a few guns along to compete with

Jubilee air rifle club at York have also booked a table to sell guns and spares from and there are a few coming from their club to compete

We now have 13 tables with airgun items for sale

The list of sellers is as follows:

1 Myself, I have got about 12 guns for sale plus spares
    2 Serowman (Roger) who has also offered to help with the archery shoot
    3 Yourself
    4 Charlie (Rockphoon)
    5 CRX (Robin)
    6 Rob M
    7 El Maipino
    8 The bring and buy stall
    9 Archie(Phil) and Stan
    10 Jubilee ARPC
    11 Pete Dearden
    12 Edward
    13 Carl

The sales area is in our clubhouse

There are 5 airgun shoots/competitions arranged including:

1 20 yard air pistol with classes for spring pistol(recoiling), precharged and junior NSRA 20yd PL15 targets

2 20 yard sport rifle event with classes for springer with open sights, scoped rifle and junior. NSRA LSR PL14Targets

3 50 yard(any position), 2 classes pre and post war target competition using open sights/diopters only ( NSRA 50 yard targets) Sighter target provided

4 A silhouette wood shoot, at ranges up to 40 yards with classes for pre-charged, scoped springers, open sight springers and junior

5 Standing silhouette at ranges from 8 yards to 25 yards with classes for open sight springers and scoped guns

There will be a zeroing range next to the Standing Silhouette shoot with targets out to 40 yards (max range of woodland shoot)

The entry fees are low to encourage people to have a go and you can enter a competition using different guns in different classes if you have the energy

My main worry is the weather. So 3 of the above competitions will have covered firing points and if the weather is dreadful then we should be able to bring the standing silhoutte shoot under cover also

This would mean that you would only get wet in the woodland shoot, so it probably deserves the best prize

Roger(Serowman) will run an archery shoot in the afternoon also

Junior Classes are for youngsters under 16 years

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 06-09-2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: another seller
    hold me back !!

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Many thanks for the helpful info - I'm delighted to hear that both JSR and Chambers have agreed to sponsor the event!

I have yet to decide what to bring for sale. I'm concerned that if I announce the list in advance, I'll get swamped by PMs asking me to hold stuff back, which I'm not prepared to do because I do not want to get drawn into the condition debate. If someone likes what they see on the spot, they can buy it. If not, they can walk away. This is something that I feel cannot be satisfactorily dealt with by email or PM...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com