Thread: Daystate Harrier X or X2 HELP

adam sr. Guest

Question Daystate Harrier X or X2 HELP

hello,all i'm in the U.S. but looking to get a harrier.i know its going to be a X or X2.just trying to find out some info.first.just looking to see if anyone is having any trouble out of their harrier's,and if so what kind of troubles.the one im getting is going to be in 22 cal.and with the thumbhole stock.im also going for a mod,if i can find one.so please any help would be help full.this is going to be my 1st. pcp gun.also going scuba tank.so let me have some input from all you shoters out there. thanks adam

Have a look at this thread. Also Daystate website. Isn't there a law regarding mods in the US? I think you can register them for $200 or something like that. A way around it is to buy a shrouded barrel rifle like the BSA S10 or Theoben MFR. But Daystates are better rifles IMHO.
    BTW, welcome to the board Adam.
    Last edited by Davestate; 06-06-2004 at 10:55 PM.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

adam sr. Guest
    hello Davestate,i saw that post.im just wondering if anyone is having any trouble with this gun ??? and if so what kind ??? im looking to hear some input from the every day shoter,to see if they are having trouble with this gun .i hope this helps . thanks adam

jonh Guest
    Hi Adam

Don't know if this helps or not......

I am probably not the best qualified to comment on the Harrier X/X2 because I have only recently bought one so my impressions are 'Initial' rather than long-term.

First thing to say is that Daystate have a fantastic reputation for their after sales service.

I sent them payment for a single shot tray for my harrier and forgot to mention which caliber. Daystate were very quick to contact me to sort my error out, extremely polite and the tray arrived the next day.

Initial impressions of the gun:

It is very solid, well built and finished. Due to family circumstances I have not had a lot of time shooting the gun but it seems very acurrate and consistant, the trigger is very good indeed and the cocking is very smooth.

Ive had mine for approx 5 months now. It was a choice between the Harrier X and AA S410. I tried both and the Harrier just felt better balanced in my hands.

Magazine is easy to load and use. Cocking mechanism is very sweet - although keep the bolt lightly oiled.

Single shot tray is a nice option for target shooters. I shoot HFT and never really use single shot tray (optional extra).

Just got a silencer (cyclone from BAR as many others dont meet the muzzle of the rifle neatly) and the difference in POI is huge. Thought silencer was causing problems but now Ive zeroed her in it shoots just as sweet. So basically got shoot with silencer on all the time (I use for hunting) or rezero if not using it.

Daystate are a great company to deal with. Tony answers many questions I send via email and they are also helpful on the phone.

Overall I cant really list a fault other than the price of spare mags at £40 and the fact they still dont do a lefthanded thumbhole stock like that of the MK3, but apparently they are due out soon...

Simon.

P.S. Mine is .177
    Beretta 692 30" Sporter L/H Adjustable Stock
    Crooked Barn 2240 .22

sniper22 Guest
    i owned a harrier x for over 12months with no problems, then traded up to a mk3. ive now got a harrier x2 sport on order to join it. i ordered the harrier x2 with the sole purpose off mounting my nv on it and using it as a dedicated night only tool.
    i expect it to live up to the standards of all my previous daysates - impeccable.

Woodstock Guest
    My X is about a year old, and has functioned perfectly in that time.It is indeed the dogs danglies!

Regards,

I've had an X with no trouble whatsoever, very accurate, well built & the best after sales ever. And like Tony, can't wait for my X2 to arrive in a few weeks.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.