Thread: Alros Trailsman Stripdown/Rebuild & problems

Lightbulb Alros Trailsman Stripdown/Rebuild & problems

After trolling the web and searching the threads on this site not much is available or known about this rifle.

The problem I have is that when the rifle is shot it goes off like an automatic without stoping until all the air has gone!!!!

Trying to fix it without the knowledge is tough so to help me work things “out loud” as it were I am writing these ramblings so if anyone else who can be bothered to read through and contribute please do.

Ok here we are first pix is of the air cylinder and its component parts, all clean, undamaged and dry and as you would expect just fit into each other when assembled the bottle seals well and no leaks.

Next is where all assembled bits go together to build the rifle

Third is of the hammer assembly which is held in what becomes the butt & stock of the rifle, there is no way the rifle can be shot without it being assembled first – simple & ingenious, hammer released, strikes valve stem on the bottle - air released up into the chamber…..

On first look nothing seems to be missing (which is why I’ve done this thread in the hope someone has done this or knows the rifle’s maker/designer - surprising that no one on here knows someone that knows a mate that knows…… etc.)

Now, when the hammer bit is all assembled does there have to be free movement with the hammer – I think there shouldn’t - so the spring is to short or it was badly adjusted.

To make adjustments it seems i have three options:-

Move the steel screw on the end of the hammer out to reduce the distance between the hammer and the springs fixed position in the stock which would also increasing pressure on the spring, I guess making it travel faster which would increase its hitting power holding open the valve longer increasing the power of the shot and I guess visa-versa
    Or
    Screw out the little brass screw on the back of the brass bottle receiver pushing the hammer back onto the spring and reducing the travel distance but this is a very loose fitting and would move position each time due to the hammer hitting it (this will need some kind of screw fix – any suggestions would be great) the other thing with this screw also is that you can screw it in too far and the bottle will not seal against the receiver
    Or both
    I have tried each and the combo but the hammer when released just bounces back off the valve then the spring pushes it forward again…. you get the picture why it sounds like an automatic

The air bottle was full but within a few seconds it has lost most of its charge due to the speed of the bouncing to and fro

Any information on this would be great as not too sure what to do next or where I can get new springs from.

A few more photos of the rifle

Regards
    aquarius11

Sorry pix not working will sort out soon
    Last edited by aquarius11; 13-09-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: pix not working
    One Shot = One Kill

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Your photos all come up as:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /photos411/2/40/94/57/80/67/6780579440233_0_SM.jpg on this server.
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

yep i know
    i have to work out how to get them hosted so they are accesable to evryone
    aquarius11
    One Shot = One Kill

Aquarious...

...I've got a few Alros's although not this particular one, the hammer bounce as you have rightly guessed is all down to balance between the components and stroke (distance hammer travels to hit valve). As origanl parts are not available anymore to return to standard you are left with havig to fiddle around until you find the optimum. It suggest to me your hammer spring is too weak, perhaps start by replacing/uprating this, but watch your power